Mariah Snipes at Nicki

CAUGHT ON TAPE

10/3/2012 9:34 AM PDT UPDATED: 10/3/2012 9:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Video

1002_full_fight_video_nicki_minaj_mariah_carey_launch
update_bar
9:47 AM PT
-- Sources tell TMZ, Nicki's rant on the "American Idol" set went beyond mere name-calling Tuesday ... the rapper also threatened Mariah's life, saying, "If I had a gun, I would shoot her."

0314_divider_graphic
Nicki Minaj
derailed the "American Idol" auditions in Charlotte, North Carolina Tuesday, after swearing at Mariah Carey and threatening, "I'm gonna knock you out" ... but Mariah FIRED RIGHT BACK with insults of her own.

In the footage, obtained by TMZ, Nicki is clearly furious ... shouting, "I told them I'm not f*ckin' putting up with her f**kin' highness over there."

Mariah can be heard saying, "“Oh why, WHYYYY .do I have a three year old sitting around me?”

Carey continues, "I can’t see my kids, because you decided to act like a little crazy bitch and go all around the stage.”

Sources say Nicki later threatened to "knock out" Mariah ... but she said it before the video starts.

It all went down while the two were sitting at the judge's table ... with Keith Urban sitting in between them and Randy Jackson sitting on the far end, next to Mariah.

We're told the whole thing exploded over a disagreement over a contestant's performance.

Listen closely as you play the video ... you'll hear

Nicki: Think I'm playin? Think this sh*t is a f*cking joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Say one more disrespectful thing to me, if you say one more disrespectful thing to me -- off with your head!

Mariah: I am not being disrespectful.

Nicki: Off with your head, off with your head.

Nicki: Don’t tell me I'm insecure, don’t tell me I'm inadequate ... you gonna get sent [inaudible] just fall back; don’t ... you don’t know [inaudible] I don’t feel inadequate. You’re the insecure one sittin' up there running down her resume every five minutes.

Nicki: Every time you take a shot at me I'ma take it back, and if you gotta f*cking problem then handle it. I told them, I'm not f*cking putting up with your f*cking highness over there ... figure it the f*ck out. Figure it out.

Mariah: whyyyy, whhyyyyy ...

Nicki: Figure it out

Mariah: ... do I have a 3-year-old sitting around me???

Nicki: I’m not sitting here for 20 minutes and having you run down your resume everyday, No! Goodbye!

Mariah: Listen ... I can’t see my kids because you decided to make ... to have ... to have a little baby fit and going all around the stage.

Nicki: Good, well then go see them now, go see them now ... you’re boring as f*ck, you’re boring as f*ck.

According to our friends at MouthToEars.com, producers ended the auditions for the day so the two judges could cool down.  We've confirmed that happened.

Big wigs on the show seem uncharacteristically upset by the blow up.  It seems producers are worried about Mariah and Nicki co-existing for the long haul.

HoV-nicki-minaj-click-thru-banner

Hohan

This show is going to be unwatchable this season.

justme

Although I grew up liking Mariah's music, she's a total b**ch. I worked at a venue her concert was at and she threw a tantrum (threw her sunglasses and said "I'm not ready yet" at a nice old man working who was told to open the door for her when she pulled up to the door in a golf cart. She's a total diva and no matter how talented you are, it gives you no excuse to treat others like you are better than them. Screw Mariah! Ever since then I'll never support her again.

And this is not in defense of Minaj, just my observation of the "diva".

Joe

Why would they even have that ghetto trash on the show. Get rid of nicki. I think American idol is going to lose their older audience because of her.

Lori

Did the damn fools at AI really think that either one of these women were right for this show?? Seriously? Mariah, though successful, is annoying as hell with all of her posing, breathy baby talk, and eye lash batting. Nicki is pure thug trash. Period. I can't believe Keith Urban signed on to sit at the table with those two.

Mike44090

I expect more attention getting drama throughout the entire season. Good thing I don't waste my time watching the show. If I was going to watch a talent show it would be The Voice.

Carla

With all the great all stars that A.I has had on their judges panel, I was speechless when they added Nicki Minaj to the judges table... she has no class what-so-ever and will only bring AI down crashing... This proves my theory! Sure hope this isn't the end of AI :( Talk about getto!

Majestik

Producers are all at fault. Shame on the whole lot of you for making it about yourselves, the producers making it about the judges. This is a talent show for people that are TRYING to make it into the business. Way to MAKE IT ABOUT THEM and not yourselves. The whole bunch of them need a slap with a reality stick. Show some freakin' class.

Amy

Poor Keith Urban is sitting there like "get me away from this crazy ass bitch" Nicki Minaj is straight up ghetto trash. She does not carry herself the way she should, that is what comes from being BFF's with people like Little Wayne I guess. AI needs to kick her trashy ass to the curb

emme

This is a train wreck...who's idea was it to pick this panel?

Majestik

I wonder, is Randy Jackson thinking in the back of his head, "Did I really need the money this bad?".

Paradise

I have no clue why AI even signed Nicki. If you want the show to be respected, you surely should sign entertainers with status. I believe Nicki will be a "has been" in less than 5 years.

cindy

Nicki Minaj! you'll never have the talent Mariah has. Stop trying so hard. you look pathetic.

Tashana

Way to stay classy and professional, Nicki...

Majestik

So, how many contestants and audience members are now fans of Nicki Minaj. Nothing like stopping production for the "REAL TALENT" those trying out.

Eric

nicki is so rude and ghetto she is out to be a drama filled attention whore, WTF AI did you expect shes trash that came into money cant change that!!!!