Mariah Snipes at Nicki

CAUGHT ON TAPE

10/3/2012 9:34 AM PDT UPDATED: 10/3/2012 9:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Video

1002_full_fight_video_nicki_minaj_mariah_carey_launch
update_bar
9:47 AM PT
-- Sources tell TMZ, Nicki's rant on the "American Idol" set went beyond mere name-calling Tuesday ... the rapper also threatened Mariah's life, saying, "If I had a gun, I would shoot her."

0314_divider_graphic
Nicki Minaj
derailed the "American Idol" auditions in Charlotte, North Carolina Tuesday, after swearing at Mariah Carey and threatening, "I'm gonna knock you out" ... but Mariah FIRED RIGHT BACK with insults of her own.

In the footage, obtained by TMZ, Nicki is clearly furious ... shouting, "I told them I'm not f*ckin' putting up with her f**kin' highness over there."

Mariah can be heard saying, "“Oh why, WHYYYY .do I have a three year old sitting around me?”

Carey continues, "I can’t see my kids, because you decided to act like a little crazy bitch and go all around the stage.”

Sources say Nicki later threatened to "knock out" Mariah ... but she said it before the video starts.

It all went down while the two were sitting at the judge's table ... with Keith Urban sitting in between them and Randy Jackson sitting on the far end, next to Mariah.

We're told the whole thing exploded over a disagreement over a contestant's performance.

Listen closely as you play the video ... you'll hear

Nicki: Think I'm playin? Think this sh*t is a f*cking joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Say one more disrespectful thing to me, if you say one more disrespectful thing to me -- off with your head!

Mariah: I am not being disrespectful.

Nicki: Off with your head, off with your head.

Nicki: Don’t tell me I'm insecure, don’t tell me I'm inadequate ... you gonna get sent [inaudible] just fall back; don’t ... you don’t know [inaudible] I don’t feel inadequate. You’re the insecure one sittin' up there running down her resume every five minutes.

Nicki: Every time you take a shot at me I'ma take it back, and if you gotta f*cking problem then handle it. I told them, I'm not f*cking putting up with your f*cking highness over there ... figure it the f*ck out. Figure it out.

Mariah: whyyyy, whhyyyyy ...

Nicki: Figure it out

Mariah: ... do I have a 3-year-old sitting around me???

Nicki: I’m not sitting here for 20 minutes and having you run down your resume everyday, No! Goodbye!

Mariah: Listen ... I can’t see my kids because you decided to make ... to have ... to have a little baby fit and going all around the stage.

Nicki: Good, well then go see them now, go see them now ... you’re boring as f*ck, you’re boring as f*ck.

According to our friends at MouthToEars.com, producers ended the auditions for the day so the two judges could cool down.  We've confirmed that happened.

Big wigs on the show seem uncharacteristically upset by the blow up.  It seems producers are worried about Mariah and Nicki co-existing for the long haul.

HoV-nicki-minaj-click-thru-banner

Previous 15 Comments | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

annedy

i still love.. mariah carey khit ano mangyari s side pa rin nyah qoh.. forever...

Gayle

I don't understand why they thought they needed FOUR judges.....we have already learned that doesn't work. Only ONE DIVA works, kick Minaj to the curb, Mariah is much classier. In fact, when I heard you threw in Nicki Minaj as a judge this year, I decided I won't be watching. Randy, Mariah, Keith: all class acts, AND ADULTS. Minaj hasn't paid her dues, and she can't sing her way out of a paper bag.

ladybug

NICKI MINAJ u will NEVER, NEVER be like the ONE and ONLY, TALENTED, CLASSY, & BEAUTIFUL Mariah Carey!! U have absolutely no TALENT what soever. Why are you even making music???? u wanna be GAGA!

Hannah

I'm goin miss this show..I know I won't be able to bear seeing Nicki Minaj every week. So long, Idol. xx

LauraT

Nicki is not only a psycho; she's also an insecure little girl with no standards or value. There is no competition in this because Mariah was, is and will always is be Queen of HipHop/R&B. However, there are 2 thing's Nicki is and Mariah is Not; it's UGLY&FAKE.

LadyDi

What an **shole Nicki . Micki , watever her name is . Whatsup with the fair hair anyway ??? TYPICAL LOUD MOUTH MINORITY STILL HAVENT LEARNED HOW TOACT IN PUBLICPLACES . GO Back to where you belong and stay bitch .

Sharon Klein

Where did the great show "American Idol" that it used to be go????...I think for definite....down the toilet!!!!
C-Mon people ( Producers etc ) get a grip!!!
Get Nikki OUT of the Judges seat and a NEW more appropriate Judge in to replace her, that has talent and that suits the position..And pick this show back up with the pride and dignity that it used to have when American Idol first aired!!!!

SpeakOut

Nicki M. seems like she would greatly benefit from some type of behavior altering medication. She should not have threatened anyone. She should not be cussing out anyone, and she should learn to deal with her jealousy of Mariah. It seems very obvious to me. She is distracting from and ruining the show. I would rather her seat be vacant than to have her absolutely ruin a show that I have followed since the first season. She seems Tacky with a capital “T”. She seems very deeply troubled. Bottom-line she is coming off very crazy like.

Erica

I wonder why this stupid and terrible mistake of calling this Nick to be a judge. Does she have any musical talent???? Come on! Mariah is on the way for years! This Nick just appeared from nothing and thinks she is somebody? Stupid baby she is..... spoiling the program!!!!!!

DonQuixote

Mariah shouldn't even respond at all, she's not the "Jackass Whisperer".

linda