Nicki Minaj

If I had a gun

10/3/2012 11:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1003_nicki_mariah
update_bar
Nigel Lythgoe
tells TMZ, "The statement [that Nicki made a death threat] is absolute rubbish.  It's absolutely not true in any way, shape or form." Nigel adds that Mariah confronted Nicki this morning and asked if she made the death threat and Nicki said absolutely not. Nigel says Mariah's people are stirring the pot and gave her bad info.

0314_divider_graphic
Nicki Minaj
's rant on the "American Idol" set Tuesday went way beyond name-calling ... she threatened Mariah Carey's life -- this according to sources connected to the production.

Our sources say ... in the heat of the argument, Nicki said, "If I had a gun I would shoot her."

The alleged threat was not captured on the video obtained by TMZ.  But this is interesting ... if you listen to the audio closely, 11 seconds in you hear Nicki say to Mariah, "Off with your head! Off with your head!."

A source close to Nicki says the singer calls B.S. on the death threat allegation.

Brian

Send that ghetto trash back to the island she came from.

doesntreallymatter

=/

Laura

Great job picking judges, A.I. Now this show is officially about the 3 judges and the 1 that has zero talent, and is making threats. Perfect--when you picked this loser, many of us predicted she would once and for all bring down this show. I feel sorry for the contestants--this is no longer about them.

jennifer

GET RID OF NICKI MINAJ

debbiedoesnothing

It doesn't matter what Mariah may have said or done. Nicki showed her true character. She has no self-control and is not fit to be on live TV. Nigel Lythgoe has destroyed that show with this stunt casting. He created a monster and now he has to deal with it.

Amanda McCandliss

I think what she said was "If I had a dick I would pull it out and piss on 'em."

lulu

Don't like either of them but I think we all secretly wish NM HAD a gun. Mariah just needs to go away she has absolutely no talent and thinks of herself as a god. Whatever happened to Mariah when she just started making music I liked her songs than and it just went downhill the more money she made. Somebody needs to knock her down off her high horse and if NM can put that self proclaimed "diva" in her place than I say Go Niki!!

niles

Idol has hit a new low (which is really an accomplishment). Time to give the axe to this farce!

Roneld

This show is SO over...

Michell

Not surprised at all! NM is a gangsta and MC is a b*tch...not a good mix.

John Sessa

What's up with the clown outfit on that ugly bitch. Hey digbat!! Halloween isnt until the end of the month!!

BellaBoo

Ghet-to.

How much is that bitch making and she can't control her temper? They should have fired her right there. Obv I know they *wouldn't* because they knew that would bring ratings.. but Jesus Christ... don't let people act like that.

cherry

the hole thing is crazy no offense i like nicki but she shouldn't have gotta so upset gosh it anit that serious.

Love

So fed up with these reality singing shows and their absurd judging panels that are now filled with celebs who have questionable talents. Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj...what on earth makes these two qualified to JUDGE ANYONE'S TALENTS?? I heard that one of the Kardashians is now hosting X-Factor...Unbelievable!! What on earth makes her qualified to "host" anything? Oh what because the Kardashians are renowned attention-seekers, they are "fit" to host singing shows? These shows have become less about REAL talent, and more about PUBLICITY AND MONEY! Digusting!!!

guillermo brambila

Mariah Carey sucks i hope nicki kicks her ass.