Ben Affleck

Sideswipes Honda

The Mirror has NO Faces

10/7/2012 9:01 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1007-ben-affleck-bauer

Mirror Mirror on the car ... but not for long because Ben Affleck just knocked it off.

Ben may have been daydreaming about his "thank you" speech at the Oscars, because the distracted driver/star/director of "Argo" side-swiped a parked Honda that was minding its own business -- decapitating its side mirror.

But Ben did the right thing, leaving a note that even had a friendly salutation: "Hi, knocked off your mirror. VERY Sorry. Will cover everything. Ben."

1007-ben-affleck-bauer-note
He also left his phone number -- which is more valuable than the cost of a mirror.

static

Interesting how someone just happened to be there to capture the moment isn't it?

RomneyIsACurse

tmz stalkers. I hope your site fail and harvey levin is murdered.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

He should've just signed the mirror and the owner would probably have called it even.

seamus

Class act.

Ali

Some moron did that to my Mom and she had to pay out pocket almost $900.00 Glad Ben did the right thing. If only more people were honest like him. I guess I'll go see Argo now in the theater instead of wait until it comes on DVD. He's a good guy and can have my money to see the film.

Faye

I just gained a whole lot of respect for Ben Affleck.

tgrfan42069

ben just gained some points from me with this.class act he is.so many rich spoiled hollywood types.would have just drove off.took alot for him to post his phone number and what not

uhprentis

Without getting unrealistic I can think of two reasonable and relatively common times when one gets that close to parked cars;
-when parallel parking
-when avoiding moving obstacles intruding into your lane of travel (oncoming vehicles, pedestrians,etc...)

Then there is always that it was just an accident, and accidents happen so it's of no concern to me at least that this could be exactly that. Great to see he's one to 'man up' because although the cost of damages is no issue for him, the fact he had to leave personal information, as a celebrity, would almost certainly given him some pause to consider the 'what ifs'... Good man Ben, good man.

Parker

I like this.....with todays spoiled idiots, like lohan, and byrnes...he took responsibility...but im sure that phone number belongs to a manager or agent, not his peronal number.

Parker

I see a few comments saying "Slow News Day TMZ"' ...Hey come on...I liked this story....it shows not all hollywood people are like todays selfish lying

user007

So I wonder if he put Ben Stiller's number on it? Maybe Ben Savage he can use the attention.
Benny Hill...

Luz

What a decent guy!

Diane

I really doubt that its his private number. I'm sure its either his agent's or his insurance agent's.

tamara

Groovy guy to do that :)

kr

bad photog touching private property and information!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments