Rapper Nelly

Cops Raid Tour Bus

Heroin Seized

10/11/2012 12:03 PM PDT UPDATED: 10/12/2012 9:37 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1011_nelly_01
Rapper Nelly was detained last night in Texas while police officers searched his tour bus -- and found HEROIN in addition to a loaded gun ... and MASSIVE amounts of weed ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

According to law enforcement sources, Nelly's bus was stopped at a border patrol checkpoint in Sierra Blanca -- and a police canine detected the presence of drugs.

We're told cops pulled the bus over -- and after performing a search, they found 36 small baggies of heroin (totaling .64 ounces) and over TEN POUNDS of marijuana inside a large green duffel bag (an amount roughly the size of a large bed pillow).

Cops also say they found a loaded .45 caliber pistol.

There were seven people riding on Nelly's bus at the time -- including the rapper -- and they were all detained during the search.

According to law enforcement sources, one of the passengers -- a guy named Brian Keith Jones -- admitted the drugs and the gun were his. He was subsequently placed under arrest.

1012_jones_mugshot_wm
Nelly and the remaining five were let go. Calls to Nelly's reps were not returned.

FYI -- this is the same checkpoint where multitudes of celebs have been busted for drugs in recent years ... including Willie Nelson, Armie Hammer, Snoop Dogg, and Fiona Apple.

Roger Fenwick

entertainers are going to quit going to Texas if the cops keep busting them.

Max

Idiots. You DON"T drive I-10, through Sierra Blanca in Texas if you're a-carryin'. Another moron tour manager.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Look, dumbasses, there are checkpoints in all border states. Buses are always stopped, so leave your dope and illegal aliens at home.

tremers

sounds more like profiling... they see a tour bus and think we got um....

pat

Two words for you.

See ya.

Buckaroobonzai

if celebs would boycott TX completely, things would change fast.

Tammy

You'd think these celebs would just avoid Texas.

kronenburg

Quel shock. Rappers with guns and drugs.

laffnbear

Did he NOT get the memo or did he ignore it?
This "rapper" would Have to be some 6 kinds of fool to be in a tour bus in that down with drugs and loaded firearms.
Anybody want to guess how much the fall guy got paid?

happypat35

I guess when the money stops rolling in, you do what you do to get it. Sad....

FLeX_BoZaCK

pretty sure they mean 64 grams, which is still a lot. 64 ounces of herion is 4 pounds. That is a lot, I mean a lot.

clarkins

Another strong OBAMA supporter.. Nuff said

Dana Stein Klingensmith

How flipping dumb are these people???!! If you are stupid enough to have drugs and weapons do NOT go through Sierra Blanco - hello!!!!

SpitBall

OK, wait....... UMP BOO UMP BOO UMP BOO
I aino willie nilly, my name is Nelly - I gots a 45 restin on my belly – I rest easy every nite cos I’m chillin on my pillow fulla baggies anallthatskag ain’tgonnamakemeworry – but the pot was makin me tussle cos it was all stuffedup in a big bad ol duffle. It ain’t my weed It ain’t my weed It ain’t my weed It ain’t my weed – now jus like Willie Nelson Armie Hammer Snoop Dogg an Apple, some little doggy gots to messin with my snapper and now the muthaf****n cops know wot day afta. It ain’t my weed It ain’t my weed It ain’t my weedit aint my gun It ain’t my weed. My name is nelly and I an’t no sap cos I got a stooped whiteboy who gona take the F*****n rap. So now da succa gonna ride wit da poolice an now I ain’t gotta hide. So all you mutha f****s betta chill cos I can pay themuthaf****nlwyer bill and the white boy might do a little time but that wot its like if ya gonna roll in mine.
ump boo ump boo ..repeat 5 times
fade
leader out.

There you go you stupid shyt, there's your next big hit.

TEXAS

They weren't "pulled over" ....it is one of MANY Bordor Patrol checkpoints well inside of the US Border.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments