Candy Crowley

CNN Ducking Controversy

10/17/2012 1:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1017_candy_crowley_Article_getty
You'd think CNN would be thrilled with all the controversy over Candy Crowley's performance at last night's Presidential debate, but we've learned network honchos are NOT happy she's become part of the story.

Multiple sources connected with CNN tell TMZ ... the honchos think Candy did a good job, but they're freaking out over allegations that she was pro-Obama and harsh on Romney. As one source put it, "They want to make all of the publicity over Candy just go away, because it calls into question CNN's impartiality."

Another well-connected CNN source scoffs at the reaction, telling us, "It's typical. This type of publicity is great. More people know who Candy Crowley is than ever before, and CNN is blowing the chance of exploiting it."

A CNN source says putting Candy on the network last night immediately following the debate was not because CNN was bragging about her performance ... it was "damage control."

The source added, "What CNN cares about is the brand.  It's all about the brand."

So 1980.

Quinn

CNN isn't impartial, that's why. Jesus back in 1992 everyone in the service was calling it the Clinton News Network. Give me a break, impartial. My arse.

Joybubble55

I wish CNN, ABC, MSNBC, would get some real reporters but they are just parrots for the Obama side.... Sick and tired too bad they weren't like FOXNEWS....now they tell the truth....

Collie

Harvey I totally get your frustration with the debate but isn't it par for the course as every election before. I mean you are as an influential to the American people as the silly debate so to encourage people to tune out is just wrong and a little irresponsible. The debates will not change peoples opinion it never does, if people are interested in voting they've already got their presidents chosen before the debates and remain the same after. The people who care will choose to follow up on things they may or may not have known that was mentioned in a debate. I think we need to encourage our kids to vote on maybe not what a leader has a accomplished but what he or she is attempting to get done. I have 5 kids and am a single mother. Romney is insulting to women and attempting to take things away from our children and grandchildren's future. I am liberal but respect the process and am proud to live in a country where I have a choice. I think that's what the focus should be, not our frustration with the "Perfect Debate," never going to happen. BTW, I generally side with you and think you are very intelligent and very entertaining, just at odds with you on this topic. . . . . A fan

Ryan

I watched the debates with an open mind to see both candidates speak, but I just felt like it was biased towards Romney. The Libya question and the moderators jump-in seemed pre-planned and arificial to me and the clapping for it reminded me of bullies in school attacking the victim. I think the whole thing was a set-up and a sham slanted to give Obama a chance to lie. After the debate, I lost respect for Obama and CNN and decided to vote for Romney.

verite

Ms. Crowley’s completely inappropriate interjection into what was to be an honest and open Town Hall – a ‘debate’ between 2 Presidential candidates, with NO outside interference – was not just a DISGRACEFUL AND DISHONEST DISPLAY OF CLEARLY PARTISAN POLITICS, but a COMPLETE AND TOTAL DISSERVICE TO THE VERY DEMOCRATIC PROCESS THAT THE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES ARE DESIGNED TO FOSTER!!!!!!!!

SHAME on you, CANDY CROWLEY! SHAME ON YOU, CNN! DISGUSTING!

DISGUSTED with mainstream media bias!

jean

Cnn's ratings are in the tank. They constantly pander to O's crowd without reporting the news as it actually happens. I would never go there for news.

amy hernandez

I think she did a good job moderating, and I'm confused as to what she did that is being perceived as being preferential to Obama.
If anything, I thought she let Romney get away with some disrespectful behavior toward Obama. There were several times I thought she should have asked governor to sit down and shut up. He regularly stood up well in advance of his turn, remained standing after the President had begun his turn and continued talking (louder and louder and with bullying posture) LONG after his time was up.

robj

Candy Crowley sucks black ***** all day long and that is why she is too fat and her look can turn any man gay.

incognito

That's because Mr. D'Alba, president of CNN, is a hard core Mitt Supporter because he is in the 1%. He also 5+ materialistic kids to support.

Tom Papers

Fat ugly women like candy crowley have been rejected by white men like Mitt Romney all their
lives. It is understandable why she would choose
to side with someone like barry. The only type
of men that would give her any attention.

Why did barry change his name ?? Ashamed
of his christian heritage and wanted a muslim
name.

Why does barry who says he is "transparent"
spend millions of tax payers dollars to hide
his personal info.

Bet: First POTUS to go to jail

hello

So I guess all the comments pro romney are sitting up in their big mansions with nothing else to do but come online to look on tmz because I know ur not unemployed or under employed how could u be ur all rich do u have ur maid typing for u but I am guessing ur just trash in ur nasty dirty apartments or trailer park and u dont understand politics at all and u dont understand that the only thing he cares about is green so 4 years from now instead of being in ur dirty nasty apartment or mobile home u will be on the streets Ldawg anyone who calls them self that must be rich

Ayn Rand

Check the transcript, she was flat out wrong, and she is not classy enough to admit it.

Daryl Unnasch

Candy's behavior was nauseating. It was so obvious that she is in the tank for BO. Is she an idiot? Why couldn't she follow the rules provided for her by the Debate Commission. And next time we have Bob Shieffer, another far left liberal. What's wrong with the Republican party not succeeding in having one conservative commentator such Mike Wallace?

natalie

Its funny how Republicans are in such an uproar about how bias CNN was..yet they don't utter a word about how OBVIOUSLY bias Fox News is in favor of Republicans....One bias channel for each party is pretty fair don't you think?

Roberta

Candy clearly had eyes for Obama. She had no business being a moderator. Hard for me to trust this network (and others). I just want to listen to unbiased journalists--professionals...I mean where are they????