Joe Jackson

I CARRY A GUN

And I'm Not Afraid to Use It

10/18/2012 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

101712_jackson_launch

Joe Jackson FLASHED A HANDGUN to a room full of people at a recent event in Vegas ... and told the crowd it's just like an American Express card ... he doesn't leave home without it.

The bizarre moment all went down while Joe was at the Tuscany Hotel and Casino in Vegas this weekend to be honored at the Black Music Awards (apparently that's a thing).

Joe was introduced by his friend -- Majestik -- who told the crowd a story about Joe confronting Michael Jackson's bodyguards two weeks before MJ's death.

During the alleged confrontation, Majestik says Joe flashed his gun at the guards and said -- "If I hear you all givin' my son drugs or doing anything illegal with my son ... I'ma kill all of you."

When Majestik turned the mic over to Joe -- JJ corroborated the story ... saying, "It's very true. Every word he said."

Then Joe told the crowd ... "I carry a piece everywhere I go ... I'm gonna show it to you."

Joe proceeded to open up his suit jacket, revealing a handgun holstered by his hip. Joe explained, "I've been threatened a lot of times and so I need to be safe."

We reached out to Joe to see if he is even legally allowed to pack heat -- but so far, we have yet to hear back.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Jordan

That is the only thing i believe about joe jackson he carries a gun and he will shoot you if you do not buy his fragrance,

kitnplayn

When you are giving guns to whack jobs like joe jackson, then you have no place to complain about radical shootings.

nosy_parker

That guns got Harvey Levin written all over it.

TMZ Superfan

So, this guy thinks he's a bad ass because he carries a gun? LOL, I'm not surprised that this is the same man that used to beat the living **** out of his 9 kids and call it "punishment" instead of what it really was, which was child abuse. What's wrong, Joe? Are you afraid that someone's going to catch you playing dirty like usual and beat you like you used to beat your kids? I'm really sure Mike's bodyguards were afraid of you.

Vegas Wrestling

All seriousness..

It is VERY easy to get a Concealed Carry Permit in Nevada. It requires a class and filling out the paperwork with LV Metro. I have no doubt Mr. Jackson is not legally allowed to carry a weapon.

Jen

So he threatens everyone, his son dies of an OD and he shoots no one. STFU you crazy old **** and someone please take that gun away from him.

Fidel Sarcastro

Nevada is an open carry state but is it legal to carry in casinos. As far as I have read its up to the individual casino as to if a person can carry (open or otherwise) on the primises. I would think that with all the money that is going into a casino and how people looking for a quick buck would love to rob a casino if they could that casinos as a general rule prohibits firearm. That being said even if they do prohibit firearms I am sure he will get off because of being famous, try flashing a gun in a casino on your own though and see what happens.

IKnowthismuch

Joe, sit your crazy azz down. There's proof that you never showed that gun to Michael's security, they wouldn't let you in for hours while you stood a outside with Mr Jeri Curl - X17 has the tape. And why would this organization think for a minute that he was worthy of any award is beyond me.

phia

Showing off as usual.

campy

Surprised he didn't add...."and I wear a belt! If my grandchildren weren't payin' my rent I wouldn't be afraid to whoop them senseless!!."

Stiletto

Anyone want to bet that if he ever pulls it and uses it...he only hits his own foot?

bb

I can't with this bastard. Why can't he just keel over already.

Jackie

Dear Mr Jackson.....NOBODY IS GOING TO JAIL OVER YOUR STUPID OLD ASS....you don't need the gun!!!!!!....speaking of Michael Jackson and guns.....here's a story..........Michael said that when he was a little kid about to go on stage and perform on some tv show his dad threatened him by saying that there was a man in the audience with a gun and if Michael screwed up the man would shoot him. Everybody always talks about Joe Jackson hitting the kids ....IMO Michael was more affected by the mental abuse.

spectator72

Hopefully it's a water gun ,Maybe he wanted to say he carries gum and someone should check his medication .
I carry chewing gum and I'm not afraid to blow bubbles

awesomewave

Maybe he likes to pistol whip people to bring back that old feeling.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments