Tony Scott Death Report

Sleeping Med and Anti-Depressant

10/22/2012 4:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1022_tony_scott_getty
"Top Gun" director Tony Scott had multiple prescription drugs in his system when he lept off an L.A. bridge to his death ... including a sleeping aid and an anti-depressant.

According to the L.A. County coroner's office ... the toxicology tests showed Scott had therapeutic levels of Lunesta and the anti-depressant Mirtazapine in his system at the time of his death.

We broke the story ... Scott -- who directed a slew of Hollywood classics -- died on August 19 after jumping off the Vincent Thomas Bridge in San Pedro.

OH NO!

Perscription meds are brain altering chemicals. Anti-Depressants are the worst, because they affect you bran chemistry and doctors are pushing these like candy. Don't believe the hype, these can kill you just as easy as they can help you. Can you afford to take the risk?

Stiletto

Get rid of insurance coverage for all but actual medications needed to preserve life, and make people pay the high cash amount from now on and you'd see a wave of miracle cures throughout our country.

Walk into any drugstore and checkout the sorry a$$ hypochondriacs waiting in line for their free meds and you'll get sick to your stomach.

News Flash

Throw the prescribing Doctor in there with Michael Jackson's doctor, maybe the rest will take notice.

Phishie from Philly

Did a Doctor prescribe him the anti depressant or a psychiatrist? These doctors today give out these pharmaceutical drugs like candy and its dangerous. I would only take medication if a psychiatrists would agree. The suicide rates are going up with people who become dependent on these pharmaceutical drugs. Aren't people suppose to go on this to not kill themselves? It's not working in some cases. Something needs to be done but there won't. Too much money in PD. THis is the American way!?!?
Phishie from Philly

Sam

You didn't expect him to jump sober did you?

Heather

Anti-depressants can be helpful. People that blame them for the suicides of people should realize that these people are depressed, which is why they seek the treatment and use of medication. It is not like they are fine and one day they take a pill and off themselves.

Sandy

Some of those drugs will make you more depressed. I was always trying to take my life when on that stuff... lucky I didn't suceeed.. anyway... got off that stuff and got my life back on track and never tried again. > that stuff for some people is dangerous and very deadly

Becky

Sounds like a lot of Scientologist comments on here.

WiddoMouse

Courage in capsule form. So sad.

angel321

My last pay check was $9500 working 12 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can't believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do, Be84.com

MoraMore

aren't anti-depressants linked to thoughts of suicide??? oh my, such a sad way to end his life. i wish his family and close love ones the best. i'll keep them in my prayers.

Julie

Intead of taking pills for depression, why not find out what is making you depressed and change your life? Antidepressants are not a cure all. Trace it, face it, and erase it. (if you can)

Simone

Nobody can know the nature of the mental and emotional struggles he was having. To assume we know and to judge him for taking common pharmaceuticals is unfair. At times I've been so desperate that I've considered them, too. He was a smart man, and I'm quite sure he knew as well as we do the risks and drawbacks associated with taking those pills. I just hope he's at peace now.

noc1957

I know he had been at City of Hope for treatment for some type of cancer. Interesting that nothing was said

Straight Talkin Texan

Doesn't seem like that antidepressant was doing well for him. So sad.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments