'Foster the People' Singer

KICKED OUT

of Prince Concert

10/26/2012 7:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

102612_foster_bouncer_launch_v2
Prince DOES NOT mess around when it comes to cell phones at his private shows ... and had the lead singer of Foster the People KICKED OUT last night when he violated the rule.

TMZ was shooting footage when Mark Foster -- the guy who sings the annoyingly overplayed "Pumped Up Kicks" song -- was escorted out of The Sayers Club when someone saw him tooling around on his iPhone.

Foster begged and pleaded with security to let him back inside -- using every tactic in the book:

-- I have a tab at the bar I didn't close!
-- I promise I wasn't taking a picture, check my phone!
-- I'm a musician, I understand ... I won't do it again.

... and of course, "I'm Mark Foster ... from Foster the People."

After a couple of minutes in limbo, security gave Mark a break and let him back inside ... but only after they MADE HIM check his phone.

102612_foster_launch
On his way out of the show, Mark told us it was a big misunderstanding ... he was simply checking a text message from a friend when he was tossed.

He also said he understood why security did what they did ... telling us, "It's cool ... Prince doesn't play in front of 100 people every night."

Nobody.Puts.Bieber.In.A.Corner

Annoyed and Overplayed? You TMZ lemmings wouldn't know decent music unless it was a gay fruitcake kid from Canada. Douchbags.

FresnoBullpup

He doesn't mess around with them at his regular shows either.

Laura

Never heard of this guy. I'm a Prince fan, but his need for secrecy while being an entertainer has gotten old.

Phreaky

Lindsay Lohan tweeted about these idiots (Foster the People) recently, so... yea. Associate with her and next thing you know, you are getting thrown out of places. Next he'll get a DUI while wearing someone else's pants with coke in the pocket.

Jacko

black vs white. black thug with to much power

Phishie from Philly

Well if you're a musician too then why even take your phone out at a private prince gig. We all know how prince is. It's not like you where at a private Clay Aikins private gig. He's OK with pics or even talking while he's singing. Haven't you ever seen David Chappell show you how Prince is on his show.
Phishie from Philly

jeezlouise

He gets a pass for being a Romney supporter.

dd

Most artists don't allow recordings of their shows, most famous artists/////they don't want their shows blasted all over You Tube and facebook.

Joey

I agree with Jay # 1 The dorks that Harvey has hired are just there to make him look smarter

Joey

Seriously

Don't disrespect the prince

Poopey Poopstein

Prince is still giving concerts? And people still pay to see that freak? Isn't he/she ready for the Sunset Retirement home by now?

Dennis Johnson

Prince is a LITTLE A$$ HOLE with a BIG EGO.His music has always SUCKED and I would not cross the street to see that LITTLE THING!

CD

The rumor says that the guys in Foster The People are the biggest douche bags in the business so he probably deserved it.

BC

Damn! Do you people that post here like ANYBODY??

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments