« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ray Allen's Mom

I Still LOVE the Celtics ...

After My Son Dumped 'Em

10/30/2012 4:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1030_ray_allen_getty
The Boston Celtics hate her son's guts ... but Ray Allen's mom tells TMZ, she still loves her boy's old teammates like they were her own children -- even though Ray ditched 'em to join the Miami Heat.

It's no secret -- Ray's old teammates Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce are extremely bitter Ray jumped ship to the Heat following last season ... after the Heat whooped the Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals.

During a news conference last month, Garnett said he had cut Allen out of his life -- "I don't have Ray's number anymore. I'm not trying to communicate." Pierce said, "I was very surprised by Ray's decision. I thought we would finish our careers together."

For his part, Allen has said he hasn't spoken to any of his old teammates since they split.

But now that both teams are set to face off tonight in Miami, Allen's mom Flo Allen-Hopson tells TMZ, she isn't holding the same grudge, claiming, "I love the guys. They’ve been in our home. They’ve been in Ray's home.  If they came to my home tomorrow, if they wanted me to cook for them, I would because they are all our sons."

Flo -- who says she's rooting for the Heat now for obvious reasons -- tells us, she plans to hug Garnett and Pierce tonight when she attends the game.

Flo also says she's not convinced the feud will last, adding, "I know the man I raised. Ray went to battle with those guys and they truly love each other ... When it's all said and done and over they’ll still be friends."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Toilethead

Why is this news?

David

WOW... You blew this story wide open TMZ... good job

Gatanegra

So tired of the idiot posts complaining that most of these stories on here aren't news. No **** geniuses! If you come to TMZ.com for news you're truly pathetic. It's an entertainment site you asshats!

Turn on Faux news and kindly STFU!

ANS84

Those guys really need to get over it. I'm a Heat fan (Miami native) though, so I'm just a tad biased.

KicksandGiggles

Good old reliable TMZ... when true celeb gossip escapes, dig in the NBA trash!

LISA

No disrespect to the NBA but ... I think it would be a nice gesture to have at least one story about the hurricane. I would love to know how everyone is doing. They did a story about it earlier, but it was about Coco's boobs flappin in the wind.

Phishie from Philly

Only business, never personal.
Phishie from Philly

milly5

Everyone should have a mama like Ray's. Can't we all get along? Great view of life that women has..

Oh A 💛💋

He left Boston for the heat just to get a ring before he retires ! This dumb ass must be really dumb to think the Heat are going to win this year ! I seen the way other teams are playing right now and it is not looking so bright for the heat

Joao

Watson, sounds like a classic case of uvam acerbam, better known as sour grapes. It's all about Garnett thinks it's all about him. Allen was supposed to stick behind because Garnett apparently is in love with Allen or JEALOUS.
I'm thinking that if the Heat had made an offer Garnett couldn't refuse, like an offer, he would say "Arrivederci Celtics"

Bob

Whooped the celtics?? If I recall the Celtics were up big in the series and the heat needed to win 2 in a row to force game 7. Its not like they swept them... Journalists these day know nothing about writing. They would rather use eye catching verbs or shocking sentences to draw attention to the story rather than tell the truth.

Sean Jenkins

No one gives a ****

Sean Jenkins

What I ment was who cares.

donji

No surprize here Ray ,and his family are good,kind,and decent people!

laffnbear

Not the first nor the last time money has come between team mates and friends.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments