John Mayer

RIPPED By Shooter Jennings

You're a Total 'Douche'

10/31/2012 2:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1031_john_shooter1
John Mayer is a douchebag ... in fact, he's "King Douche" ... this according to country music bigshot Shooter Jennings -- the son of country legend Waylon Jennings.

Shooter -- a powerful country music DJ -- just went after Mayer on Twitter ... saying, "I love how the 'neil young of our generation' self-naming king douche grows his hair out + buys a place in Montana just to do [Rolling Stone] article."

Shooter continues, "Claims he's 'done w hollywood game' and has 'roots' and then immediately cuts hair, goes back to hollywood clubs + starts banging Katy Perry."

The attack continues ... "And don't anybody say he's a great guitar player. Gary Clark Jr & [Lukas Nelson] wipes their asses with this dude."

It's unclear if Shooter has any personal beef with Mayer ... or if he just felt like unloading for the hell of it.

Robin

Sounds like old shooters JEALOUS!

Lisa

I think "powerful country music DJ" is a stretch. I can only assume we owe that comment to Wikipedia?!?!

Parker

calling the kettle black aint we shooter...and who in the phk would name some lil douche scooter...oh yeah and what are u famous for scooter other then being some dead country singers sperm donation!

karenjj

Wow, angry much? Just cuz you weren't blessed with John's looks, don't hate. Someone sounds bitter. And hey, you'd be NOBODY if your last name wasn't Jennings. Jerk.

Angie

Exactly what are you famous for? Living off your daddy's money? What a joke. Your famous because your daddy was PERIOD!! You are like Paris Hilton, famous by association.

KMB

Wow first of all your name is Shooter! WINNER! Ding ding ding! Mayer is a very brilliant man in many ways. He donates lots of money to veterans and ill children SIR stinkASS!! If you have ever heard this guy LIVE you would be an idiot to say he is anything less than an enigma, matter of fact if you didn't know better yes he does sound like SRV and Jimi Hendrix. Until your next brilliant rage Shooter... Go crawl back into whatever dumpster you can find for the night and have fun playing with yourself!

UNLEVINED HARVEY

takes real talent to spin cds for a four hour shift

Regina

Geesh, there sure are a lot of John Mayer fans on this site. As much as I don't really care much about Shooter Jennings opinions, he is 100% right about Mayer. I don't think I could have said it any better. Shooter can sing ,guys. Watch the movie Walk the Line and he plays his own dad. He plays a guitar and sings. He's actually pretty good.
John Mayer is not only a douche but's he's a fake and a liar. He say's he is staying in Montana and getting out of the limelight and the next minute he is right back in LA dating starlets. He'll try on any persona to get some musical cred. Too bad most people see right through him.

sas

poor,poor John Mayer. Taylor Swift kicked him when he was down, now shooter is having a go at him. Can't a guy just behave how he wants ? A wise man once said in a song"it's my prerogative "

GizmoTrims-com

John looks like one tho. Bad track record but who am I to judge (waitj)

Jackie

A kettle calling it's self. Why don't you face him and rant that to his face than going on Twitter? Coward!!!

Diamond Goddess!

Waylon+Jessi=Kewl!
Mr. Mayer+Mrs. Mayer=Douche!
#tmzmath

Leave It Alone

After everything he has said you can conclude he's a sexist.... Therefore he's a douche.

Rene

WTF? I guess I am one of the few Mayer fans out there. Yeah, I do think he's a special guitarist and songwriter. I could care less what he does in his personal life. Shooter who?

Rob

Hmmmm....sounds like Shooter pretty much nailed it to me.