« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Beats 125 MPH

Speeding Ticket!!!

11/5/2012 10:38 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1105_ipad_plaxico_burress_02

Plaxico Burress
-- the unemployed NFL star who famously shot  himself in the leg -- just skated on a speeding ticket because the cop shot himself in the foot!

Plaxico was cited for going 125 MPH in Broward County, FL -- 70 miles over the speed limit in his 2012 Ferrari.

So how, you ask, does someone beat the rap?  You hire Bradford Cohen, who showed the judge the ticket, which cited the wrong law. The cop amended his copy of the ticket after the fact, but it didn't match up with Plaxico's copy.

Call it a technicality, but it did the trick.

Plaxico is now free to do anything but take a gun into a nightclub.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Too bad he stopped. He could have been Porsche Girl 2.0.

PopTart

I have the urge to pop the white head on his forehead with my teeth. Yumm!!

wendy

barney fife shot himself in the foot also.

ray

our judicial systems amaze me sometimes. this"error" was not material. I hate **** like this. A$$hole was endangering every other driver on the road, pays his atty 1000.s and he walks.

PT

Let's not give the man any ideas. The sentence "Plaxico is now free to do anything but take a gun into a nightclub." should be reworded to: "Plaxico is now free to do anything legal excluding taking a gun into a nightclub.

OooooNooo!

The lawyer cost him more money than the fine would have cost. Keep driving like that and he'll wrap that Ferrari around a tree just like the other jocks with more money then brains.

MrCrowley73

i thought black people didnt get away with sh@t.

Carl

How does a cop incorrectly cite the speeding statute? That is probably the most common and basic ticketed offense there is.

enrique

dosnt dude look like akon

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Only 125? Years ago I did 118 in my decrepit old suv, and that's only because I had to slow down for a curve after that. The only disappointment in this story is that he didn't wrap himself around a pole.

blackwhitemeet

[ Blackwhitemeet.com ]--I just met a chocolate man by Google or Bing ~~ [ Blackwhitemeet.com ] ~~ It’s where for men and women looking for interracial'ship
It’s a nice place for black white sing'les, to interact with each other, I just want to say:: Love me Love my color

Christopher

Another case of money talks and BS walks.

Miller Cerasuolo

If this incident had occurred in Virginia, it is likely that Mr. Burress would be facing a reckless driving charge. Reckless driving is a class one misdemeanor which carries a maximum sentence of one year in jail and a $2,500 fine. A reckless driving conviction at 125 miles per hour in Virginia would likely result in a jail sentence as well as a significant fine. Due to the severity of the punishment associated with a reckless driving conviction it is extremely important to consult with an attorney who is experienced handling matters of this nature. A knowledgeable and experienced attorney will be able to ensure that all of the details have been properly examined in order to discover all of the possible defenses for each individual situation. www.mclawva.com