« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Terry Bradshaw

I'm NOT a Racist ...

But JJ Does LOVE Chicken

11/5/2012 12:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1105-terry-bradshaw-jimmy-johnson-chickenTerry Bradshaw is "really upset" he's being accused of racism after comparing a Reggie Bush TD run to someone chasing a "bucket of chicken" ... but tells TMZ there's a simple explanation -- Jimmy Johnson is a freak for chicken!

We just spoke to FOX NFL analysts Johnson and Bradshaw ... who said he was unaware there was any controversy until friends started calling him this morning.

Bradshaw explained it's a Sunday tradition for JJ to order a bucket of KFC after they wrap the pregame show -- and yesterday was no exception. Bradshaw says Johnson "won't share it with anybody" ... and everyone on set rips him for it.

Johnson backed up the bucket tale ... telling us, "Every Sunday I get 4 pieces of fried chicken, dark meat, and I eat it right there on the set."

Bradshaw tells us yesterday's chicken comment was an innocent shot at one of his co-stars ... something he commonly does during highlights.

TB says, "I'm having a hard time with this ... because that's not me. I never put those two things together because I don't think like that."

But Bradshaw adds, "I understand why people are upset because they don't know the inside story."

For his part, Johnson is sure there was no racist intent -- and tells us, "I love fried chicken. A lot of people love fried chicken, so what's the big deal?"

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

THIN LIZZY

If anyone thinks Terry Bradshaw is racist, just shut the hell up, you were born in 2000 or you're from Antartica

awesomewave

Once a week is mad for chicken? Why am I even commenting on this story?

leafsfan1977

I never understood the connection between racism and.....fried chicken of all things. My skin is as white as the driven snow, and I LOVE the stuff. Not until the Mary J. Blige commercial.......and now this, have I ever connected chicken as having anything to do with racism. Some people certainly love to make mountains out of molehills. :(

ct

Terry is DA MAN!

ChicagoFrank66

Was it white meat or dark meat? Freaking ridiculous!

cesanstein

I would think African Americans would be offended
by Terry Bradshaw's comment. That was no inside joke. It seems that terry is trying to save his job. If people of color think it is ok that Bradshaw made a racist statement, why should anyone care.

rickky troutte

r

Proud2bBlack

I don't take his comment to be racist. Heck I love chicken also. I love the white meat. Who are the people that are offended by his comments? I haven't had any friends or family members of mine upset over his chicken comment. Everyone seems to love chicken.

rickky troutte

We don't have a Popeye's chicken in my town, so whenever I go out of town I stop at one. Usually it's in a not so nice part of town. Whenever I walk in one of them, all the black people turn and look at me like they've never seen a white person. Are they racist? Know why black people like chicken?? Because it's really good! lol

Stephanie

The whole fried chicken thing is stupid..... really, are black people the only ones that like fried chicken? I think not...... everyone eats fried chicken so calling that comment racist is ridiculous........

Truth

OH PLEASE... KFC EXISTS ALL OVER THE FREAKIN PLANET. ALMOST EVERY F-ING RACE EATS FRIED CHICKEN OR A VARIATION. IN FACT, ASIA HAS THE MOST F*CKING KFC OUTLETS. YALL BLACKS STOP PULLING THE RACE CARD WHEN YALL CANT WIN A DAMN ARGUMENT. POINT BLANK. #TRUTH!!

brown dynamite

Anyone who's watched their pregame show knows what the inside joke was. It's pansies like the people who work at TMZ who would take offense to this.

LISA

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill! If this happened pre-internet, I bet very few people would be bothered to write a letter or phone the network.

PictureUp

hey TMZ...4 pieces of chicken dont make a bucket!! is your proof reader still under Harvey's desk giving service and that slipped thru?

Mya

I am a black and yes, I love fried chicken. But I did not find the remarks offensive, especially coming from TB. If you watch the show, TB makes fun of everyone around him including himself...WE LOVE YOU TB!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments