« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Terry Bradshaw

I'm NOT a Racist ...

But JJ Does LOVE Chicken

11/5/2012 12:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1105-terry-bradshaw-jimmy-johnson-chickenTerry Bradshaw is "really upset" he's being accused of racism after comparing a Reggie Bush TD run to someone chasing a "bucket of chicken" ... but tells TMZ there's a simple explanation -- Jimmy Johnson is a freak for chicken!

We just spoke to FOX NFL analysts Johnson and Bradshaw ... who said he was unaware there was any controversy until friends started calling him this morning.

Bradshaw explained it's a Sunday tradition for JJ to order a bucket of KFC after they wrap the pregame show -- and yesterday was no exception. Bradshaw says Johnson "won't share it with anybody" ... and everyone on set rips him for it.

Johnson backed up the bucket tale ... telling us, "Every Sunday I get 4 pieces of fried chicken, dark meat, and I eat it right there on the set."

Bradshaw tells us yesterday's chicken comment was an innocent shot at one of his co-stars ... something he commonly does during highlights.

TB says, "I'm having a hard time with this ... because that's not me. I never put those two things together because I don't think like that."

But Bradshaw adds, "I understand why people are upset because they don't know the inside story."

For his part, Johnson is sure there was no racist intent -- and tells us, "I love fried chicken. A lot of people love fried chicken, so what's the big deal?"

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Caddtsrx3

I am on The QB side with this one

jasonuga

All white folks are going to hell': Explosive cry of civil rights icon Reverend Joseph Lowery at rally for Obama and nobody said this guy was racist he said it was a joke

Adam

Never got this stereotype...Black people like fried chicken and watermelon?? What a ****ty stereotype..You know who else likes fried chicken and watermelon? Every damn person on the planet.

Alexei

LOL LOL LMAO - OK ADMITTED, THAT IS FUNNY AS HELL.

Philbo

As a black man who knows what it feels like when something is blatantly racist, THIS IS NOT RACIST. Terry is a good man. He doesn't even associate chicken and black people with some negative connotation. In his eyes everybody loves chicken, which is true because if only black people ate chicken, kfc would go outta business.

Stop overreacting and race bating with this one. There is nothing here more than a misunderstanding.

dick

I'm Mexican and love fried chicken, it's not just for black people.

Darlene

I love Terry, Howie, Jimmy, Michael and Curt, they are always dogging one another. Give Terry a break, no racist intent, just another media outlet trying to make up some news.

Rex

People have used the racism word so much, that it doesn't really mean anything anymore.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5