Toni Braxton

My Foreclosed Mansion

Is FOR SALE!!

11/11/2012 10:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1111_old_pad_launch
Another one bites the dust for bankrupt Toni Braxton ... the singer's Georgia mansion -- the one she desperately tried to save from foreclosure -- is officially up for grabs to anyone with a spare $1.1 million.

Braxton took out a loan for the Duluth, GA crib back in 2004 for $1.5 million -- but according to the bank, she failed to make at least 10 monthly payments between 2004 and 2010.

As TMZ first reported, the singer filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2010 -- during which time she tried to save the home from being sold off. It didn't work.

Here's what she's losing ... 11,400 square feet,  6-bedrooms, 6-baths, an acre of land, jacuzzi tub, gourmet kitchen and a library.

FYI -- This is the second house Braxton lost to foreclosure. Her Nevada pad was sold off back in 2010.

And Fun Fact: The house was featured on Braxton's reality show "Braxton Family Values." Safe to say they won't be holding any reunion specials there.

kezren89

and she had it all

Kimberly

some people are learning that the EGO is an Expensive thing to feed.

Meanie

Talented girl, but dumb as a stump, obviously.

KnuckleDragger

60 million records this woman has sold. Even if her cut was $1 a record that's 60 million dollars. Where'd all that money go? Obviously not for house payments.

LISA

Makes you wonder what she did with the 50 million she owes. This is her second bankruptcy, too.

Michael

Toni,
You have earned more in the last 20 years than most people earn during 20 lifetimes. Why did it have to come to this, TWICE?

realtalentfan

why don't you try holding on to everything after a heart attack, being diagnosed with lupus, having a child diagnosed with autism, not being able to perform because you physically can't and as a result can't make money..at the end of the day im sure she is just happy to be alive and could care less about losing that house becuz GOD makes a way through it all..and if she died tmoro dont go praising her like yall did whitney!! nobody is perfect and respect her for what she does musically not personally!

CJ

She was ****y when she had $$ PAYBACK!

James R. - Los Angeles

I'm sure she will eventually blame her manager for mismanaging her finances.

TMS

Isn't this the second time she's filed for bankruptcy? Girl needs to take a basic finance class!

marti

time to live in an apartment Toni,you might like it ..stress free

Elizabeth

Toni has gone through tough times, I saw her in an interview last year; And, speaking of houses; I may lose the house I live in as well, as I can not afford the monthly housing charge plus the utilities..
So, I know how she feels, a bit!
And sometimes, it is better to know when to let go of thing's and move on..
Sometimes- it works out better than you think at the time..!

I won't be putting Toni down, as some people are..

She has had difficult times and has received alot of growth going through it, I am sure!"

realtalentfan

if you can't name a SINGLE song she did then you probably know NOTHING about her personal health problems that have her in and out of hospitals having surgeries so she can live so you basically are saying you're judging her without knowing FACTS and she has filed 2 different types of bankruptcy so maybe if you knew that it would help understand her situation as well but we all know people dont like to understand they just like to kick people when their down cuz it makes them feel a little taller...

StevenB

That's a lot of house for 1.5Mil -especially with all that stonework.

PM2901

I'm sure she'll blame Oprah. How do you make the money slutty Braxton has made in her career and still not be able to afford a one million dollar house? That's not a lot to spend on a house when you're a long time celebrity who has sold millions of records and has had a reality show for, what, 4 seasons now? I would've bought my house with cash so that no one could ever take it from me. Now where are her kids supposed to sleep? Her sister, Tamar, is married to Lady Gaga's manager. So, they're filthy rich. I wonder why Tamar didn't bail Toni out. I bet I know. I'm sure there's a lot of jealousies and bitterness in that family since they started out as a girl group, but Toni was singled out early on and left them in the dust. Payback's a b*tch! Toni needs to do a little groveling. She also needs to take a finance and business course. EDUCATE YOURSELF!! She's a big dummy!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments