Voice of Elmo Accuser

I Didn't Lie

I Want to Undo Settlement

11/19/2012 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1118-Sheldon-Stephens-kevin-clash-gettyThe man who accused Kevin Clash, the voice of Elmo, of having sex with him while he was underage stands by his story, claims he was pressured into recanting it, and is now interviewing lawyers to help him undo his settlement.

TMZ broke the story ... Clash and Sheldon Stephens entered into a settlement in which Clash agreed to pay Stephens $125,000, but in return the agreement provides the following:

"Stephens agrees that immediately upon execution of this Agreement, his counsel, Andreozzi & Associates, P.C., shall release the [following] statement ... 'He [Stephens] wants it to be known that his sexual relationship with Mr. Clash was an adult consensual relationship.'"

We've learned Stephens has met with lawyers in Los Angeles and told them he was pressured into recanting his allegation and insists he's telling the truth when he says he had sex with Clash when he was 16.

Stephens -- who is now 23 -- is telling lawyers he will gladly forfeit the $125,000  to restore his name.  Stephens is saying he was literally crying during the final negotiations and repeatedly said he didn't want to sign.

Clash's lawyer told us Friday he would have no comment on the settlement story.

1113_kevin_clash_footer

smileandshine

Gold digger must be happy now! Got what he wanted $$$$$$ easier life. He already had a troubled past of stolen property, writing bad checks, and he knife point a robbery. I wonder why people like this always gets away with things so easy with their lies.

Connecticut Sam

I agree with Cherry who I hope that she stills have her cherry to give to me. Stephens may been only 16 years old when he had sex with the homo, but he knew right for wrong and I am sure that he received money every time that the had sex. with the sicko, who will never been arrested for this.

chefadam

Elmo like cheese sandwiches?

bb

Shelldon is such a liar I can smell his pants burning through my screen. His initial story was that Clash used his Sesame Street email to send him inappropriate letters when he was 16. The first thing he did was try to extort KC's employers at SS. Well they went through said account and the only sexts were sent when this guy was 21. And does anyone actually believe that if Sheldon really had such highly incriminating evidence police would not be involved? I'm sure he was bawling as he signed that first settlement, he was crying because it was only a quarter mil not THE MILLION PLUS HE WANTS.

MjR

Soemone got a hold of him and said why in the heck did you settle for $125,000 when you could have been set for life. At that moment he realized he screwed up so he's crying foul! I was pressured. What a bafoon!

Lei_LaLa

Sad situation. I'm undecided on this matter...

Aloysius Snuffleupagus

I believe the accuser. If he was lying, he probably would have said the sexual relationship started when he was 14 or under to make himself seem more vulnerable and Clash seem more perverted. Besides, I've known plenty of gay guys who, as very young teens, were in relationships with middle aged men. It's gross and exploitative, but it happens all the time in the gay community.

Luvmykids4

Can't ADULTS find someone their own age?

What is the world coming too?

Sad day my family loves Elmo. ;o(

Luvmykids4

Can't ADULTS get ADULTS their own age?
There are too many men and woman out here that would pleasure people, why hurt our innocent Children?

What is the world coming too?

Sad day today, my family loves Elmo!

Luvmykids4

Sad day, Whats going on with Elmo?

Why can't ADULTS find a relationship with other Adults?

This world is sick.

ladygp

It's. Sad that this goes on om a time. Like this. However all of them have miss. The marl. But everyone. Should qhave known there would ne a

ladygp

There would. Be another one after another tp *** out. We will see them *** out like toaches in an infested slum house. We have only began...now this man has quit his job,I don't. Know hpw I feel in regards to R. Clash, but I. Believe someone. Told that first young. Man, he was a fool to accept thousands, when he could have millions ....think about it people.....we have heard the of this......how many more are seeing dollar signs? U might as well stomp on this man's. Heart...mr. clash could have been with anyone, cause money talks, and there is only the beginning ....

Serenity83

This idiot and the other idiot are money hungry whores as I hope they get hung out to dry so we can have our star back Elmo did not deserve this . Nor did the kids or Sesame Street screw you singleton and all the money whores before and after you. You money hungry whores do it to everyone with money. Settlement doesn't mean squat obvious Clash cares about the kids and settled quick so it would have less effect on his employer and career. I wouldn't be quick to judge Clash He's loving and caring and kicked these clowns to the curb and now they are crying fowl. Come back to Sesame Street you are loved by all money doesn't mean ****!! Don't get discouraged by the people that judge against you.

Connecticut Sam

He change his mind after he found out another man is suing Slash for more then five millions dollars.
Too late and too bad Bro.

Jcole86

Forget hurricane Sandy. These two clowns destroyed Sesame Street. If this man took their innocence which I doubt then they should have had been in the court a long time ago. Makes me sick.