« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

'Macho' Camacho

'Very, Very, Very, Very Critical'

11/21/2012 6:47 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1121_hector_camacho_critical_condition_ipad
update_bar
7:49 AM PT -- The man who was killed in the shooting has been identified as 49-year-old Adrian Mojica Moreno.

Law enforcement tells TMZ ... Adrian and Hector were childhood friends. Adrian was not involved in the sport of boxing, but we're told he was big into cockfighting.

0314_divider_graphic
Boxing legend Hector "Macho" Camacho went into cardiac arrest after being shot in Puerto Rico last night ... and doctors say "the prognosis is not good."

Camacho was hit several times in the face and neck in a drive-by shooting outside of San Juan ... and was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital.

A rep for the hospital told reporters, "The situation with 'Macho' is very delicate ... his physical condition will help him but we will see."

The rep added, "[Camacho] went into cardiac arrest. The doctors were able to get his heart started again with the medicine and we are maintaining his blood pressure and pulse stable medically right now to see whether during this morning, afternoon or evening we see a positive change."

Camacho was a passenger in a Ford Mustang when the shooting happened. The driver of Camacho's car was killed in the attack.

So far, no arrests have been made.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jay

What the hell is the camera guy doing in the ER that close, what nerve. That is really out of line. The guy may die and camera guy has to shove a camera up in his face. Nothing like pesky media people, trying to get that golden pic for moeny...what a ignorant fool..

PrincessKashmir

TMZ I am very SHOCKED and disappointed that you chose to post these pictures. I find it very disrespectful to both families of the victims. You should be ashamed.

NickSunset

True story - Hector was working out late in the gym one night and the Janitor was sweeping up one of the rings. Hector "hey old man didn't you use to fight once look at you now with a broom what a loser" The "Janitor" asked him to step in the ring. Heclor did and the Janitor got him in a headlock and beat him up. Now Hector was shot on a Drug deal gone bad. Who wins.

amy c

wrong guy ding dong!

Canary

:( You are in my thoughts, Hector ):

Big Mamma Cornbread

What ashame...too bad....stay out of P Rico....get well soon ....

el gran cuty

i feel sorry for any person whether is wrong or write whom are we to judge another human being for there actions feel sorry for the family hpoefully god will make the decision to give him another chance if not rip always will remember you as a great boxer cant judge no one but all i can say is to god bless your family and mines and just dont take life for granite its too short god bless my family...

Dawn

Very sad!!!! TMZ do you have ANY CLASS???? I am sure his family would not be happy with the pics you posted.

Deviant

I've been reading in spanish media, he has been brain dead for a few hours, brain surgeons are no longer intervening, they are waiting for his mom to arrive from U.S to take him off life support.

Woot

I have zero problem with the death of someone who was into (0(kfighting. And if Camacho condoned it? Let him die.

croc

so, anyone notice the sign above him?
says ''gotcha''..he was awesome in the ring.
great fighter..hope he pulls thru.

Uh

What is the difference between "very critical" and "critical"?

ClassyPRican4u2nv

My heart go out to his family : ( I will pray for a miracle.. I love camacho!

Buckaroobonzai

why is everybody confused by this? I've always been under the impression this guy was a jerk of a human being. never showed respect for anyone. he was convicted of beating and stomping his own son. I think Karma has caught up with him.

Kristy

Sad to hear, especially if he has passed on. Prayers are with the friends and family he leaves behind. I am a little disturbed by the camera being right in the way as trying to get him medical attention. I think that is a little much.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments