Elmo Accuser #2

'I'm Happy'

Kevin Clash Resigned

11/21/2012 2:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

112112_cecil_singleton_640

The man who claims Elmo voice actor Kevin Clash sexually abused him as a 15-year-old says he's "happy" and "relieved" Clash called it quits on "Sesame Street" -- because the scandal could have wreaked even more havoc on the kids' TV show.

The accuser Cecil Singleton -- who's now 24 -- was out in NYC with his lawyer today when he reacted to the news ... that Clash resigned in the immediate wake of Singleton's lawsuit.

Singleton is suing Clash for more than $5 million, claiming Clash preyed on him as a child "to satisfy his depraved sexual interests."

Singleton also says Clash desperately tried to conceal his connection to "Sesame Street" during their courtship in 2003 -- claiming, "It was essential to him that I not find out who he actually was."

Singleton says he was motivated to file his lawsuit by Clash's first accuser Sheldon Stephens.

And there's this -- Singleton's lawyer says he won't be surprised if more men come forward, claiming he's already spoken to men with similar stories as Cecil and Sheldon.

Martina

Can't dispute a thing this man says...unless you walk in someone else's shoes you really shouldn't trash someone. I only wish that he came forward MANY years ago.
On a side note...what kind of monsters today would have the presence of mind to ride those horses in NYS. I find that it's still legal in 2012 very, very troubling.

elilan

so let me get this straight -- this kid goes looking for sex on an adult phone chat line and then hooks up with an adult for sex -- then years later finds out that the adult has money and can be blackmailed because of who he is -- so NOW he's been molested. RIiiiiight. I don't care which way you swing, but this is pretty pathetic. Money grubbing, fame whoring loser.

ManiacalZebra

He's probably "happy" because he thinks it will bolster his money grab.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I'll bet he was motivated ($).

TMZ, how come in your Courtney Stodden articles you don't refer to her as a child?

A gay male cruising a gay chat line, knows what he's looking for.

Meg

Seriously, this guy is so full of ****! Why are you feeding into this loser who is just out for a quick money grab? Karma is going to get this jerk!

Rebecca

Did any of you notice that he kept looking to his left everytime he opened his mouth? and a lot of UUUUUUM UUUUMMM UMM.

Melissa1987

I hope this little street fairy doesn't get a dime and is left with tens of thousands in legal fees.

Majestik

So, I would like to know, did Kevin Clash mess this THING up so bad he looks and acts like a woman? Was it KEVIN that made him troll Gay chat lines looking for older men, possible sugar daddies? Please, this kid knew exactly what he was doing and I'll be he's OLDER THAN 24, and has been tricking himself out as a prostitute for years.

Sir Boo

What the heck is he wearing?

me

I can't judge if these allegations are true or not. It seems strange to me that this guy allegedly used gay hotlines (for adults) at an age of 15.

I've read the MJ court transcripts - very different to media reports - and I'm convinced he was innocent in both cases. Once you pay it's like acknowledging guilt... and you're attacked by others. I.m.o. that was MJ's biggest mistake and maybe also Clashes.

patch3130

WTF y would he be happy kevin resigned as elmo does he no how many kids hes helped learn things because of elmo and whats the proof he even did that stuff this is all bs comming out the accusers mouth and y now y not sooner if it was that inportant but i can say elmo will not b the same with out the original voice and puppeter behind him :(

Rebecca

@Amanda's weed pipe, will you SHT THE F*CK UP ALREADY???? Go back to smoking your pipe and burn whatever brain cell you got left.

Kristen

Dont give this guy air time! Leave his shady dealings in the dark where they belong! He's gotten his fifteen minutes of fame! Make him go away now....

systasoulja

Disgusting!

verlinda

It seems to me the Lawyer is letting him talk too much. I find some of the things he said to be incriminating. Example, he didn't know who Clash was (voice of Elmo ). How the other accursed motivated him. Most attorneys would have said no comment. This lawyer just stares at him like he is a piece of liquorice. Makes one wonder