Steven Tyler

I'm NOT a Racist!

11/28/2012 10:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1128_steven_nicki_01
Steven Tyler says Nicki Minaj is dead wrong ... he's not a racist ... and has now issued an Angus T. Jones-style quasi-apology for the controversial comments he made about the new "American Idol" judge.

Minaj had publicly unloaded on Tyler ... after the Aerosmith singer insinuated Nicki doesn't appreciate rock music and "would have sent [Bob Dylan] to the cornfield" if he had appeared on the show.

Nicki fired back on Twitter, "That’s a racist comment. You assume that I wouldn’t have liked Bob Dylan??? why? black? rapper? what? go f*** yourself and worry about yourself babe."

But yesterday, Tyler finally explained himself on the Canadian talk show, "eTalk," saying, "I apologize if it was taken wrong, Nicki ... but I am the farthest from [being a racist]."

He added, "I am the last thing on this planet as far as being a racist. I don't know where she got that out of me saying I'm not sure how she would've judged Bob Dylan."

No word if Nicki has accepted the "apology."

Tmzsucks

Sorry Tyler, the black community won't accept an apology unless its made to Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton and a fat check is written to the united negro college fund. Thanks, sincerely the blacks.

BR82

She doesn't do a whole lot've thinking before she speaks. It's been said that when it comes to business one should pick and choose there battles carefully. Why would you purposely burn potential relationships with fellow musicians (in the public arena) so easily... Just not smart at all. Nobody's gonna want to work with her...

Cj

Steven Tyler a Racist? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q-4ATZPoYI

Mike

Wow! Black people like to fire off the label "Racist" like they like to fire off guns in nightclubs: with little or no provocation.

Michelle

Who cares what Nikki Minaj thinks? I hate when people bring racism into petty ass conversations. Racism is alive and well, not going anywhere. Let's leave a serious topic out of this b.s.

cici

How is that racist? What she makes is computer generated noise, it has zero to do with music. Judging by her “work” I too assume she knows absolutely zero about any sort of music. Maybe she should just stick to looking stupid.

Grace

Steven nooooo!!!! You should not have apologized. You think Freddie Mercury would have apologized? No way. He would have told her to f- off. You are in rock man, don't go down to the level of these so-called singers.

Chief Sosa

White people started racism by slaving black people now if a black person says your racist they get blasted

Me

** NOTE TO ALL :

Tylers reference, to "send him to the cornfields" ... is in an episode of the Twilight Zone. In the episode, a little boy sends people who he doesnt like - to the cornfields.

Anyone who has grown up with The Twilight Zone, knows the reference quite well !

Just sayin

McSmack

Want to see Ignorance In Action? Keep reading some of these comments. I'm Black and even I know this is all B.S., especially with Nicki's track record and the show hasn't even started yet, what sh-t will she stir up when it does? First Mariah and now she beefs with Tyler? Its pathetic she played the race card, don't worry White people, the majority of Blacks doesn't buy her crap at all and she'll be on the "where are they now?" category in 5 years.

ElisabethIsDisgusting

So Steven Tyler is not a racist...but Nicki Minaj IS a BITCH!

baybek8s

Nicki needs to respect her elders and stop talking about everything being racist when she doesn't understand a comment. She must be trying to boost her record sales and American Idols ratings. I heard neither are what they used to be.

Kim K's bunghole likes purple crayon says

And what again is she famous for.....last I checked he's been rockin for many decades....so this unoriginal chic who will be on vh1s where are they now soon....Steven you shoulda said hey bitch take off ur nappy weave an fetch me a puddin pop or whatever the hell you people eat.....

Carl

Pulling the race card out of nowhere (which she did) is as bad as a person making racist statements in the first place.

Jacqui

That was NOT a racist statement. Period.