« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

MLB Superstar & Wife

Trash the Wedding Dress

12/4/2012 11:25 AM PST BY Johnny Lopez

1204_ryan_howard_wife_Splash
Two days after tying the knot, Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard and his Eagles cheerleader bride Krystle Campbell took a break from enjoying their honeymoon to take part in the bizarre ritual of
trashing their wedding dress for a photo shoot in Maui on Monday.

For those who don't know, it's become somewhat of a trend for a newlywed couple to destroy the bride's expensive wedding gown -- often at a beach or lake -- and capture it on film.

At least she can say she wore it more than once.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

She's baaaack

My bad, that was a reply to #1

g is the name

Yes white women! PLEASE take ALL of of our black men because I want all of your gorgeous hung white ones.

g is the name

I am so down with the swirl. I hope our black men keep these white women preoccupied while I continue to have their super pretty men. Black women need to get with the program. I don't know what's in the food these days but I haven't met a white with a small one yet and I hope I didn't just jinx myself. :-D

Jim

****** trash

buzz kill

Well looks like the gown is all washed up, marriage to follow soon.

matthew

someone in montreal died from this stupid tradition of destroying perfectly good dresses!! Watch out women!

lmanilow

Sooooo gross. When will white women learn.

sweetbaby

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of...what a waste! I guess these snobs think money just grows on trees and ta hell with women who would love to be able to find a second hand dress like that!
Divorce, Infidelity and wife beating will be the next story we read about them on TMZ!!!!!

Adriana Williams

What a waste of a dress. Just donate it to Good Will or a Thrift Store, I am sure a poorer bride would have been more than happy to wear it, even if it's not brand new... :( But I guess when you marry rich, you don't think of the poor, bc you forget how it feels to be poor...

Achild

Sounds like they have more money than sense. And they wonder why they eventually go broke and lose everything.

dale12

Who in their right mind gives a Rat's Behind!

KIR

Bunch of loser white boys mad that they will never get a woman who looks that good. lol He's got more money, more fame and the women. Dam your life sucks.

Michele

There are so many brides to be that can't afford a nice weeding gown, wouldn't it be nice to donate them to a charity that can give the gowns away so a woman can't afford one can have a beautiful gown to ne married in? Rich people can be so selfish! This is just another way of a rich person showing how rich they are and that they can just "trash" a gown that another woman would love to wear. Shame...

aa_for_life

I'm a white man. Believe me she'd just be with a white guy if Howard was broke and had no money.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Bet the photographer ain't including THAT shot in the proofs.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments