'Lincoln' Star

On Daniel Day-Lewis

'You Could Only Address Him as Mr. President'

12/6/2012 9:04 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

120612_lucas_haas_launch
Daniel Day-Lewis NEVER broke character during the 3 months he filmed "Lincoln" ... and took the role so seriously, he had everyone on set address him as "Mr. President" ... this according to one of the stars of the movie.

DDL is one of the most famous method actors on the planet -- and Lukas Haas (who played one of the soldiers in the flick) tells us, Lewis was VERY intense on the set.

Haas said, "You could only address him as Mr. President. Even Spielberg [had to]."

Haas added, Daniel's "one of the best actors out there. By far. I'm not sure who you could put above him."

Agree? Disagree? Discuss.

Big D

Al Pacino
Robert De Niro
Jack Nicholson
Morgan Freeman
Tom Hanks
Russell Crowe
Michael Caine
Sean Penn

Just to name a few

Pyegow

DDL IS the greatest film actor of all time...(IMO) I can't even think of one actor that I can say is close to his league. If you haven't seen" there will be blood", you're missing out on some serious acting!

Lynn

Agree. Probably the best actor alive today IMO.

Ana

Totally agree!!He is very very talent!!!!!!This i sthe type of people that should be on TV at all times...not empty, trashy NOT TALENT likle the kartrashian and on and on and on!!

Carl

Right on top of this one TMZ! This has been well known for months about Lincoln. Actually, that DDL is like this has been well known for years and years.

Cujeaux

Thought the movie was kinda boring and hie sounded like Mr. burns from the Simpsons. We don't need to hear the stupid period accents that nobody can pull off. It's too distracting.

louretta

He's the best and my favorite actor

CarlyZ

I love when Curt Chaplin is not hosting TMZ LIVE. He is such a creepy guy. You should dump him. He's reeeaaalllly creepy!

Wicked Witch

Daniel Day Lewis is one of the best actors in that industry. So much talentless stars lately, it's awesome to see someone with talent make a movie that doesn't involve drunk p!ss heads getting drunk and killed.

thestupid

Linds will never get hired again

Bob

I think he got the job because of his Lincoln-esque ears, but let's all pretend it was because of his dedication to the art.

Laura

This is one movie I am looking forward to seeing. I'm fascinated by Abraham Lincoln.

Fallopia Lopez

Method acting is pretentious bullcrap. Yes, when I was a kid and would play house with my neighbor, if we were going to play house again the next day, I'd have to maintain my character that evening by insisting on carving the roast and being called, "Dad", otherwise I couldn't cope.

jim

This is not Daniel Day Lewis Duhhhh

Genjerleigh

He really did do an amazing job playing Lincoln

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments