Tyler Perry's ...

Douchiest Director's Chair Of All Time

12/7/2012 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1206_tyler_perry_chair_2
In case anyone on set forgets, Tyler Perry is the writer ... director ... executive producer ... and Grand Poobah of his new movie -- and if you don't believe us ... JUST LOOK AT HIS FREAKIN' CHAIR!

Tyler's currently filming "Single Moms Club" at Agnes Scott College in Atlanta -- and in typical Tyler Perry fashion, he's gotta make damn sure everyone knows it's his film... starting with his over-the-top self-branded director's chair.

Filming started yesterday at the college -- a week before finals -- and we're told students are pretty pissed about the distraction.

Oh yeah, the film also stars Tyler Perry.

Tony626

Yes, glorify rappers who love to abuse women and drugs, and insult a black man who makes wholesome entertainment. It's not like he IS the director, poducer, and wr....oh...

IT was A Gift People

It was given to him and I am Pleased to see him use it even with the grief you people display.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I don't watch his movies, but I liked House of Payne.

FHH

I wish I had they talent to be able to have things put on my chair. Guess I'll have to stick to bitching about, o wait, that wasn't me, people that are smarter than me.

manbearpig

tmz hasn't reported it yet but- charlie sheen is trying to woo lohan into being his new goddess.
can you imagine how that would turn out?
how much blow would they have in that place?
come on tmz- get on this story.... it's out there!!!

Mrs Luciano

Mr. Perry is the true definition of a BOSS. Anyone who came from nothing to "something" and still gives back to their community can get a stand ovation from me.

wendy

i think he's a racist. i know he gives millions to charities, helps families out loves God, loved his mom.his network is to provide entertainment to the black community, as well as his public works, how can we ever move on the color barrier when we have such a high profile man keeping the differences relevant?

Melissa

I agree with the majority. He has gotten full of himself. His movies are borderline terrible, or typical. I notified he was getting to big for his britches, when he pulled the race card awhile back. I believe the story was he was leaving his studio and thought someone was following him and made a left turn from the far right lane. A cop saw it and pulled him over he claimed it was something his security team taught him to do if being followed and assumed the cops would let it go based on who he was. When they ticketed him instead of talking his lesson like you or i would have had to do, he decided to pull the old trusty, they bothered me because I'm a black man. Give me a break

Isatou

Mr. Perry is a decent and hard working individual who gives back to the community. I love his movies and his T.V sitcoms.

Cheryl A.

I'm no Tyler Perry fan but I see nothing wrong with the chair. Usually it says "Director" but he IS the Executive Producer and writer. Why should he ignore that? He is also the star in the picture but did NOT put "STAR" on the chair. Leave the guy alone you bunch of TMZ whining babies.

lovelykisses1

O please stop hating on Tyler Perry because at the end of the day ppl are watching his movies, plays and TV shows and he will still be making money

Rocco

Whoever wrote this dumb story obviously hasn't spent any time on a film set.

grumpiestoldman

This is the moron who ruined Alex Cross.

Twiz

Dayum ppl on here are seriously jealous. This man went from living under a bridge to the success he is today. He makes decent plays/movies/tv shows that contain a good message and that most families can watch together. Not to mention not a single one of us (including TMZ) knows if he bought that chair or if it was a gift. Grow the fk up ppl!!!

Student

Try being a student at the college when he's here...
His set completely took over the college campus. Public Safety had to wake up one of the girls in my dorm at 1am because they wanted her car to be moved....
Then they threatened to take a girl's phone away when she was texting on her way to class because they thought she was taking pictures.
Oh and not to mention there's a wedding on campus today and the bride isn't allowed to use the Front Loop which is closest to where the reception will take place because Perry's trucks and crew took over.....
I could list much more :P

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments