Jenni Rivera

Dies in

Plane Crash

12/9/2012 6:38 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1209-jenni-rivera-gettyJenni Rivera died early this morning in Mexico after the plane she was flying on crashed shortly after takeoff, leaving no survivors. She was 43.

Rivera's father and brother confirmed her death on Telemundo.

Four other passengers and two pilots were also aboard the plane. It was headed from Monterrey to Toluca, after Rivera performed in Monterrey on Saturday night.

Mexico's transportation ministry says the plane lost contact with radar at 3:15 AM, approximately 61 miles from Monterrey.

Rivera was named one of the 25 most powerful women by People en Español and reportedly signed on recently to do a comedy pilot for ABC. She has sold over 20 million albums worldwide.

1209-jenni-rivera-years

yaylin

R.I.P jenni Rivera you will be missed <3 you were such a good singer and idol your in abetter place you didn't deserve to die you were so young viva la diva de la Banda c':

CypherTerrorist

Mexico has a little more burrito meat tonight once they scrap them out of the trees and off the ground

Smile

Wow!!! . Incredible woman, mother and performer!. Had the pleasure of meeting her and her family ounce at her home on her birthday.. She opened her heart and made me feel just like family that day. Now all I can do is reminisce of that special day and incredible performer!. God bless you Jenny!!.. We will forever LOVE YOU!. We lost a great one :(

Liz

My family is so sad and shocked by the news. She was an inspiration to Latinas and many more. My community is mourning, her brother is the pastor at the church on my street. I just can't believe it. And it's a shame that she ever reconciled with her daughter. People should forgive...you never know what will happen. RIP Jenni.

Boogie Onerism

L.A. mourns for you. Sing in peace Jenni.

CypherTerrorist

Yeah that too I thought TMZ was the thirty mile zone ..Mexico is a bit farther than 30 miles in any direction

Twiz

Nothing against Ms Rivera and may she rest in peace, but is it such a slow news day that this needed to be repeated from the story 8 hours ago that said she was on the plane and there were no survivors??

seekingthetruth

I'm so sad. Reminds me of how Selena passed away at a young age and on the brink of having tons of more success. Prayers and thoughts are with the families and friends of all the deceased on that plane on a cold December night.

ivychavez05

For the people that are saying who the heck is this woman..She's a true

Domenic562

I'm sorry for those comments to tell you the truth I didn't mean them I was just trying to get as many dislikes as possible. My prayers are with her

Rafin123

I will miss u so much may god be with u

Tony192

I am reding comments about some people saying that they didn't know Jenni Rivera, If you are not latino and don't know spanish then of couse you are not going to know who she was.....

TT

R.I.P.

My condolences to her family.

ivychavez05

For the people that are saying "who the heck is this woman?" she's a true

king kong brody

Who is she never heard of her?