Demian Bichir

on Jenni Rivera:

'It's a Big, Sad Loss'

12/10/2012 4:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

121012_demian_bichir_launch_v2Demian Bichir -- one of the biggest Mexican-American stars in Hollywood -- says he was absolutely shocked when he learned about the death of Jenni Rivera ... telling TMZ, "It's a big sad loss."

Bichir -- just like Rivera -- has achieved success in both the U.S. and Mexico ... and yesterday in L.A., the "Weeds" actor told us just how special of a person Rivera was.

"She was a big, big, big artist," Bichir explained ... adding, "Very popular, not only in Mexico, but everywhere in the United States and many other Latin American countries."

As we previously reported, Rivera perished in a plane crash over the weekend ... while en route to appear on a Mexican TV show.

Rivera was 43.

angels2002

Just saw disturbing images of riveras body so sad

Kifferslady

This may be big news for the Latin community in CA and Mexico, but it's clear the rest of the people in the USA have no idea who this is.

MsRita

I guess only the Hispanic know who both of these people are?

Kayla

She sold over 20 mill records not 15, she was in her prime of her career. She was breaking into Spain, they were demanding her. I saw her perform in Colombia when I went last year. She was selling in Latin America, U.S huge fan base and wanted to cross over to English country because her music is Spanish country. R.I.P my god I still can't believe.

bob

Heh,Heh .... He Said BIG loss.

Innocence

Rip jenni rivera

Abril G

mexican american? what is this, Demian es mas mexicano que el chile

Mia

Demian Bichir is Mexican born in Meico City NOT Mexican-American.

Belfont Laroy

Im sure she was a nice lady who helped her family/friends. I now see why the outtrage with the comments attacking people who don't know who Jenni Rivera is/was. It's because Mexico has so LITTLE going for it, in the way of entertainment, success, and standard of living. That the Mexicans here have to hold onto anything that is remotely successful and praise it until they can't praise it no mo'...

Belfont Laroy

Who the hell is Demian Bichir? I still don't know who Jenny Rivera was. Doesn't it say something about either TMZ or Mexico, that it's "two biggest stars" the country has put out in recent years, NO ONE HAS HEARD OF. Johnny Deep, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, etc.... can't go anywhere in the world without being recongnized...

gg

if your not hispanic you dont know who she was if your hispanic you know she was super big R.I.P jenni we will miss you

RD

Heard she was divorcing her 3rd husband, had 5 kids and is a 43 year old grandmother. Sounds like the world lost a real treasure.

oclife

I can't help but to be upset about these negative comments...whether or not u liked her as an artist the fact is that 7 ppl died and 7 families are mourning. Perhaps these negative ppl should do some research on who Jenni Rivera not so much as an artist (15 million albums sold speak for itself) but as a person. In any case I'm sure this U.S. citizen of Mexican decent was more successful than any of these ppl writing negative things about someone who died!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2