'Storage Wars'

Lawsuit Claims

Show is RIGGED

12/11/2012 10:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1211-dave-hester-tmz-complaint
"Storage Wars" -- the hit A&E show -- is deceiving viewers by making it seem contestants are bidding on unseen items, when the best goods are actually planted inside ... this according to a lawsuit obtained by TMZ.

The lawsuit -- filed by the former star, David Hester -- claims he was axed when he complained to producers about the alleged rigging practices.

Hester claims in one case producers planted a BMW mini car under a pile of trash.  In another case, Hester alleges producers planted a pile of old newspapers that announced the death of Elvis.  For some reason, that's a valuable commodity.

And Hester goes on ... claiming the show even gave less than photogenic cast members money for plastic surgery to "create more sex appeal."

Hester claims in the suit he was wrongfully terminated because he blew the whistle.

But Dan Dotson -- the guy behind the show's auction company -- disagrees, telling TMZ, every unit seen on the show is legit and has a seal on it before they open it ... making it impossible for A&E to tamper with the units before filming begins.

Dan adds, “We only sell legitimate units on Storage Wars. Every unit goes through a 64-day legal process and no one has access to units prior to auction.”

A rep for A&E tells TMZ, "We do not know about a lawsuit being filed and we do not comment on pending or threatened litigation."

kalei22202

Here's what someone very close to the situation has to say.

Brandy

Hester is suing because he figured out he could make even more money with a law suit. Watch - he'll have his own show next!

deathdude69

my life is ****in over

Jimmy

please, what gives it away, the same four bidders getting the lockers every time while hundred stand byu watching? Who cares I love the show and will continnue to watch. Hester is getting a bite on the butt from Carma, good riddence, hope he gest NADA from this

Jimmy

gezzzzzzzzzzz you think seeing the same four people bid every week while hundreds stand and watch means its fake?????????? Who cares I love the primise and will always watch, I never liked Hester as he's always been a whinner, looks to me like mother carma is ciming back to bite him in the butt...............yuuuuuuuuuuup he wont be on there anymore sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Desert MaMa

We love storage wars in California. To many copy cats now.

Malcolm Garey

After 30 yrs in the storage buying business, I know a rat when I see one. What this show did was take away money from the lottery and give it to the mstorage companys because everyon thought that is was for real. I have made 3 great finds in 30 yrs and thousands of cubic feet of trash to the dump

Cathy M Vittatoe

Soooooooooooooo glad to see Dave gone!!!!!!!
I could not stand the man.....HE was the puke....

Linda Barnhill

I agree with Spellchecker! How could you not ralize they are planted! Thery can only be so many lockers in the few cities they go to in California. A rare item worth money is probably a million to 1 odds in the entire state much less 4 a week! However, I enjoy the show, the character's (except Hester) and the uniques items they do find or plant! It doesn't matter to me!

Kiah

I may be wrong on this, but wasn't Hester the bidder who won all the 'Elvis' newspapers? If so, what is he crying about? He walked away with possible $ thousands that day.
Some people don't know when to keep their mouths shut.

Kiah

Bye-Bye Hester. Five minutes of fame and your time is up.
We need another nasty guy to keep the juices flowing.

Shelly

I am going thru the same thing whistle blower act against a big dealership putting new car titles in my name as if they sold them so the dealer could gain bonus monies from gm i turn them in get fired after five years of carrer building my life is it worth it well let's see what a jury says tired of being steped on by the big people as if we the little workers do not matter.this case is in the courts now for almost 1 year 7 months

eugoldlareg714

And who was the one who got the locker with the pile of newspapers announcing the death of Elvis?

Markb

Who cares as long as David Hester, cry baby ass is gone.

Mrugowsky

So watching an auction on t.v. is entertaining??? Why not just go to real ones???

Previous 15 Comments | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments