Trey Songz

Arrested for Assaulting

a Woman with $$$

12/15/2012 9:12 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1215_Trey-Songz_gettyThrowing dollar bills at a woman (aka MAKING IT RAIN!!!) seems harmless, but it got Trey Songz arrested for assault in New York recently ... TMZ has learned.

Songz (real name Tremaine Neverson) had an album release party on August 21 at a gentleman's club in Queens. According to police, somewhere between 4:00 and 4:15 AM on the 22nd, Trey became involved in an altercation inside the club.

Cops described the incident this way in the criminal complaint: "Tremaine Neverson, did throw a sum of United States currency at the complainant and said sum of United States currency struck the complainant's left eye causing substantial pain to her left eye."

It is unclear if the woman in question was ... how do we say this nicely ... a stripper.

Songz was not arrested that night, but rather a month later for misdemeanor assault. Songz had a court date in NY on November 1 and an order of protection was issued. He is due back in court in February.

We reached out to a rep for Songz, but have yet to hear back.

1215_trey_songs_sub

Ms. Lady B

Wow celebs should not have an album release party in a dirty strip club. Thirsty bitch looking for a come up

Cool Breeze

Must be crackheads that are making this thug rich.

Uppydat

Album release party at a strip club? When is this strip club fad going to die down!! Why do ignorant folk run a trend into the ground like that? He probably thinks he's gangster now that he's had some police contact. Lolol! New *****s!!

larry edington

danm that's some bull**** he can come assault me anytime like that if he wanted to do it all day that's fine assault me

kedie

Stupid,stupid,stupid its always something wit the police they just always in people business,that I.T. need tp go to jail for doing what she does nasty. Trey songz do you and keep ya head up it will be A.O.k

chrischris

Im not a stripper an i like getting money thrown on me and if it hits your eye what kind of serous damage can it really cause

MPH17855

I'm a stripper and I've been hit in the eye while someone was trying to make it rain... i was embarrassed for a minute but after that i was happy to take the money and laugh it off... she's being greedy if you ask me.

ChloeGreen22

upto I saw the bank draft ov $4878, I didn't believe that...my... cousin actualy bringing home money in there spare time online.. there brothers friend haz done this 4 less than 14 months and as of now cleard the dept on their place and got themselves a Porsche 911. go to, Great60....com

loveleticia

Hit me in the eye all you want, as long as I get to keep the cash.

SeeSomethingSaySomething

Wow. Just wow. Any object that hits you in the eye can cause serious damage, including scratches to the retina or cornea that can cause blindness. For you strippers posting here, you should be telling the owners to enforce rules against anything hitting you in the face, ESP. Near your eyes. Theres no resson patrons can't be satisfied with making it rain below neck level. We haven't established that the victim is in fact a stripper or that she was stripping while he was making it rain (thats just tmz's eye catching tag)when this happened. All the article says is there was a fight, and in a dick move, he threw money at her face, hitting her in the eye. These are criminal charges. There's no payday in a criminal suit, where the victim is just a witness who isn't entitled to monetary damages; only the state benefits from the penalties (jail time,fines, the satisfaction of knowing their laws were enforced). Therefore, o doubt the victim is a "thirsty bitch".

GloryWilson

I was at court with him this month n I was trying to figure out y was he their now I know

Liferuiner805

I'm not gay but Trey Can assault me with money ANY DAY and I wouldn't mind lol

Nancy

****, I wish somebody would throw some money at me!

goodnight360

wow

Bigboss

How do you assault a woman with MONEY!!!!!! "Your honor!!! It was awful he gave me a way to pay my bills and get my hair fixed"