LeAnn Rimes

Flip-Flopping on

'X Factor' Performance

12/20/2012 2:33 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1219_leann_rimes_xfactor_article
Someone in LeAnn Rimes' camp is LYING ... because the singer is now saying she never gave a statement to TMZ about her controversial performance on "X Factor."

Here's the deal -- after reports surfaced that LeAnn may have been wasted during her performance with 13-year-old Carly Rose Sonenclar, we called Rimes' rep for comment.

The rep gave us a quote that we were told we could put on TMZ.com and attribute to LeAnn Rimes. We were told LeAnn was NOT impaired and if there was any awkwardness it was only because "I was trying to help this 13-year-old girl who was having some trouble with the song."

But moments ago, Rimes posted a message on her Twitter page saying she has NOT given the media a quote -- noting, "It's a shame that gossip and lies are overshadowing the performance of Carly."

She added, "It was an amazing opportunity to share this experience with Carly and I know I'll be watching for her to win tonight."

Sounds to us like LeAnn is backtracking HARD because she realized what she said and doesn't want to sound like she's dumping on a 13-year-old girl.

HillBullay

Leave her alone it wasn't that bad.

Majestik

Carly Rose LOST, you fvking CNT. Because of your inability to be a professional and NOT DRINK or do drugs and screw that little girl's performance up, she's NOW OUT of the competition. FCUK YOU LEANN I hope someone beats the **** out of you

tellmeaboutit

LeAnn is FAR more trouble than she's worth.

nrg411

Hell ya she was drunk or on drugs. She was stumbling around on stage. She couldnt keep time and she tried to outsing Carly which even on her best sober day wasnt going to happen. Why cant the has beens leave well enough alone without having to prove they no longer have what it takes. To bring down a rising star with her lack of self control is pathetic and unprofessional. Disgusting display. X Factor needs to reevaluate their clientel starting with hiring a Kardashian.

TEAM LAMMY

Hot mess

SunnyshineRain

The X-Factor USA 2012 was RIGGED! I wasted my time watching this bullshyaaat. Carly should have won regardless. The show producers planned for Tate Stevens to win all along. During the past 3 weeks I called Carly Rose Sonenclar's voters line with two different phones and her voters line was BUSY for the first 45-50 minutes EVERY time. Then I did a test. I called Tate Stevens line, and his voters line was NEVER busy, not once. So all of his voters votes counted... but not Carly's. On the final voting night I called Carly Rose Sonenclar's line and put in 3 votes within the first few minutes. Then for the next 50 minutes CARLY'S line was busy but NOT Tates line! How could people vote for Carly Rose if her line was purposely disabled for 45-50 minutes? I hope an X Factor employee come out with the truth. How unfair is this to Carly Rose, the other contestants and the show fans? I'm sure the producers wanted Tate Stevens to win for many reasons (diversify their winners list, he's an adult not a kid, he's marketable as a country singer etc.). I'm tired of all this fake reality crap that's on TV. I will not be watching the X-Factor, American Idol or any other contest or reality shows ever again. This was a waste of time. American television and the auto-tuned American music industry have gone down the toilet. The X-FACTOR USA 2012 was RIGGED!

Paul

Part of the duet were awkward but Rimes displayed a more gravely sound to her hit song which I liked. She is a singer so she wasn't the sweet country singer that made her famous. I loved her sound! She wasn't drunk it was awkward. It happens. Carly is 13 years old with a power house voice. She will be happy she didn't win trust me. Shows like this own the winner for a good 2 years. Now Carly can work with independent writers and music executives. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for Miss Carly Rose. Tate Stevens will be not unlike "AI" winner Ruben Studders who won that program years ago but no career happened.

Bitch please

Why is Leanne going through all these plastic surgeries to look like her husbands ex wife Brandi Glanville?!?! Wow! Stalker psycho anyone? Scary!!!!

Bitch please

Poor girl lost because of this bitch hoe. SMH

Bitch please

Hoeanne everytime u open your lying mouth u destroy peoples lives whether its a married man ur blowing or a little girls dream u ****tered.

Bitch please

WOW! I cant write sh attered ?!?!?!?!?!?

ng

I found LeAnne Rimes genuine. She was just trying to give Carly Rose the stage, not wanting to overpower the performance.

garybuseyisabitch

leann rimes is such a s***bag bich. shes always trying to get ppl to feel sorry for her, but everyone knows she is a very calculating conniving home wrecking whore. Nobody is ever gonna feel sorry for you so just go away bich.

Denese

Sounds to me like LeAnne was the nervous one. Probably because she's spent all these years starving and taking laxatives trying to look like a 13 yr old girl. Naturally, when she had to stand next to an actual teenager, it threw her off her game. No wonder she had to have a drink or two or three. Watch out Carly! If some guy named Eddie calls just hang up.

nina

WoW she is all washed up! And so is that husband of hers. KARMA!!!!!! TEAM BRANDI