Carly Rose's Family

LeAnn Rimes Threw This

Little Girl Under the Bus!

12/21/2012 5:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1220_leann_rimes_xfactor_article
Carly Rose Sonenclar's family is royally pissed off at LeAnn Rimes for -- as they put it -- trashing their daughter's "X Factor" performance Wednesday night.

Sources connected with the family tell us ... the 13-year-old girl's mother is livid that Rimes would dare say Carly Rose was "nervous and had trouble hitting the right notes" when she sang "How Do I Live."

As you know ... Carly Rose did a duet of the song with Rimes on the show. People on social media went crazy after the performance, claiming Rimes was drunk.

TMZ broke the story ... Rimes insists she was sober, but says if things were awkward, it was only because, "I was trying to help this 13-year-old girl who was having some trouble with the song."  Rimes later claimed she never gave a quote, but we can tell you ... her rep specifically gave us the quote and told us we could use it.

Carly Rose's mother and other relatives are telling people they can't believe LeAnn threw their daughter under the bus, and that it was clear -- Carly Rose was a pro and even out-performed LeAnn at her own song.

Chris Lock

Carly, welcome to show biz. You know you've made it when drugged out has-beens and their lawyers start to attack you to rationalize their bad behavior. The looks on the faces of Carly and Britney said it all as they watched a train wreck pull into the station.

If Carly's parents had any backbone, they would hold a press conference and say what everyone else knows, Lee Ann was on something and its despicable for her to throw their 13 year old daughter under the bus.

Kristin

I love Le Ann Rimes, but that performance was awful. I don't think it was Carly at all. I think Le Ann altered the song and Carly was trying to either keep up or sing it the way it was supposed to be sung. It did seem that Le Ann was trying to out sing Carly. Carly had all flawless performances. She will make it, she will be a star! Looking forward to it! Way to go Carly Rose!

Jolee65

She has plenty of time to make that kind of money and shes got a little more time in life to be a kid. Im glad he won ..

Yoshume

Well I listened to the performance and Carly sounded as good and sometimes better than LeAnn! So I don't understand why she made THAT comment or tried to throw Carly under the bus! That was just stupid! Overall the performance, itself, was fine to me!

Michell

Leann clearly has issues. I'm sorry that happened to you Carly! Your fan for sure!!!

LA760

Carly would have been better off doing that duet with Trisha Yearwood, who's version was better than Leann's anyway.

Martina

I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, they both sounded fine. LeeAnn doesn't look drunk, they didn't look like they were singing over each other, it looks like that's how they planned for it to be, a little staggered, it sounded fine. Seriously, people.

dierdre

I do believe that Carly had a shot at winning this. And Leeanne Rimes DID ruin it for her w/her hideous rendition of that song. Too bad they didn't match Carly Rose up with another singer. For me anyhow, she was sooo much better than that hick Tate (whatever his name is). He looks like he's in his late 50's. I can't believe this guy is only 37. eww

Miriam L. Wright

what's not to believe about lee ann throwing the girl under the bus??? afteralll she was out WHORING ARI=OUND with brandi glanville's husband!!

Bobbi

It was so obvious that Carly Rose had the class and the voice that LeAnn wishes she had. She never had any class but she did have a voice. I lived in Nashville at one time and anytime I saw her, she acted like she was doing a favor for anyone there. Go away Leann but first apologize to Carly. She will be around a long time not like you!!

Pittslady

Beep Beep
Look out!!
Here come DA bus....:)
and it is a biggin too dang it..
Blue ,Nothin' Better To do,Life Goes on,The Right Kind Of wrong,Please Remember,
only a few of the hits sung by THE BUS DRIVER LAR... I forgot the I after the L....

abby

I can't believe that people could be so hateful with their comments. Its simple to critique a performance without being so vicious. No wonder the mindset of Americans is hatred and violence with weapons.
LeAnn Rimes is a gifted singer and she sang her song like it should be sung. The little lady who sang with her was a bit weak and seemed to want to change the melody of the song but she was still good. Not as powerful as LeAnn but then Ms. Rimes has been singing for a long long time professionally.
If you all can't say anything nice about anyone then please don't say anything at all abou anyone.

melodyann

In regards to the egotistic claim that Leann made blaming Carly for the trainwreck performance is so rude of Leann. Leann stuck her foot in her mouth big time. Why cant she just own up to her poor performance & admit she screwed up? Why try & place the blame on a young 13 year old. By the way, up till Leann came tripping onto the stage this lil 13 year old was doing very well.

wow

what a mess to hurt that child is so wrong.. i just hope the people who count she (Carly ) will be able to make it out alright with a contact of her own and be able to know that the world who watched it knows the truth about the whole thing and that Leann was a mess and she killed it for there daughter,.. and such a shame .. Carly will go far,, that is a fact

Kevin

Guess What we are talking about "Rimes." When I saw Rimes with Carly I just thought you just threw it away Carly. The performance by Rimes shows that Rimes does not know how to do a duet. Bad performance by Rimes. Carly tried to overcome it. The next day rumors are their about this performance. Who is on their last note to put Rimes with Carly.