Carly Rose's Family

LeAnn Rimes Threw This

Little Girl Under the Bus!

12/21/2012 5:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1220_leann_rimes_xfactor_article
Carly Rose Sonenclar's family is royally pissed off at LeAnn Rimes for -- as they put it -- trashing their daughter's "X Factor" performance Wednesday night.

Sources connected with the family tell us ... the 13-year-old girl's mother is livid that Rimes would dare say Carly Rose was "nervous and had trouble hitting the right notes" when she sang "How Do I Live."

As you know ... Carly Rose did a duet of the song with Rimes on the show. People on social media went crazy after the performance, claiming Rimes was drunk.

TMZ broke the story ... Rimes insists she was sober, but says if things were awkward, it was only because, "I was trying to help this 13-year-old girl who was having some trouble with the song."  Rimes later claimed she never gave a quote, but we can tell you ... her rep specifically gave us the quote and told us we could use it.

Carly Rose's mother and other relatives are telling people they can't believe LeAnn threw their daughter under the bus, and that it was clear -- Carly Rose was a pro and even out-performed LeAnn at her own song.

phoenixx0464

Let's be honest, does it really surprise anyone that LeAnn would throw a 13 year old child under the bus?Why would the shows producers choose her for a duet in the first place? She's a train wreck.

birdman

Carly sucked. She didnt even know the lines

Camwell

LeeAnn was a real mess in the X Factor finale. I don't know if she was drunk or not, but it definitely WASN'T her best performance. She looked awful & sounded worse. I would be angry if I was Carly's parents that she implied my kid didn't sing great, but LeeAnn did not cost Carly the win& I feel bad for Tate that this controversy is taking away from his big moment. Carly's parents should not be letting this happen. They KNEW it was very close between him & their daughter & they should be congratulating her on her great showing, not trying to "rain on Tate's parade." She & Tate took turns leading every week; it was a real toss-up as to who was going to come out on top & Carly's parents should be using this as a lesson in gracious losing to Carly, not making excuses for her. Still, LeeAnn had NO right to blame a pitch perfect child for her lack of execution.

Carmen

Poor Carly. She was singing great until the song was ruined when LeAnn showed up and opened her mouth. The general concensus in this household was that she was drunk or something

eddie

leann knows shes washed up and had to sing with and saw her own young self from star search and cant handle it

Pearl

Carly did amazing! I think she has an incredible voice and out sung Leeann. If anything I couldn't get over Leann trying to out sing Carly, what did Leann think this was going to be her time to shine? Idiot....plus she has obviously been looking at a lot of #RHOBH because it looks like she told her stylist pease make me look lie Brandi Glanville.....

SiNz

Let's just say, LeAnn didn't do Carly any favors.. From my observations, a lot of times 2nd place does better than the winner.. Wishing Carly the best with her future in music .. No more duets with LeAnn Rimes.. lol

kat

LeAnn sucked, pure and simple. Her timing was horrible and her vocals were sh!t. Carly did a great job, in my opinion she was better than LeAnn.

cschafer

I can't believe the media is actually agreeing with me. Rimes was totally stoned on something...not quite sure what though.

ju

well carly didnt win so they trying to get money from leann why dont people just drop things people have to turn thinks around asnything to make a buck

Lazarus Long

I agree. She did sound better than Rimes.

This little girl is a freak. At 13 she is a more polished performer and sounds better than the vast majority of 40 year old music stars.

anna ureka

Idiots: Saying this girl was worried about hitting the notes on this song is not an insult. LeAnne did not appear drunk. Just because people have a problem with her personal life, they want to say something negative about her professional life. That makes you people stupid. No legitimate source stated she was drunk, acted drunk, smelled of alcohol, or was seen guzzling mouthwash to get rid of the smell of alcohol. Somebody whose husband left her for something better and less bitter, made a tweet and the haters joined the crowd. Even the SO-CALLED legitimate press jumped on the no proof wagon. Seriously, you people are stupid. Carly has a nice voice and a record deal despite 2nd place. Worry about paying your rent (I doubt you people have mortgages). Signed: 20 y.o. college student with more common sense than all of you combined.

Pat

It wasn't hard to see that Leann tried to out perform Carly and it didn't work. I have always been a fan of LeAnn Rimes but what she did on that stage was unforgivable. she DID throw Carly under the bus and Carly was so much better than she was. I told my wife that during the performance, and damn if many many others agreed.

cwil

I watched X Factor and loved and was amazed by Carly. I felt like the song with LeAnn was so awkward from the first note. I couldn't believe for one thing that they would pair Carly with someone that has had so much negative attention lately.

TNT

Come next week no one will remember who the winner or the second place finisher on this awful show was anyway. Does anyone remember who won last year? Didn't think so. When you have Chloebacca hosting the show you know it sucks big time.