« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dirk Nowitzki

EPIC SHOWDOWN

at Children's Hospital

12/25/2012 11:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Will Kolassa.

That name is going to haunt Dirk Nowitzki for years ... 'cause he DOMINATED the NBA superstar when a game of 1-on-1 broke out at a Children's Hospital in Dallas.

It all went down at Children's Medical Center in Dallas last week, where Dirk was handing out gifts to some of the kids.

And that's when it happened ... Dirk (7-footish) challenged Will (4-footish) to some mini-basketball ... and IT WAS ON!!!

Will set the pace early ... dropping a rainbow right over Dirk's head.

Sure, Dirk somehow managed to pull off a dunk ... and he chalked up a pretty nasty rejection ... but in the end, it was all Will.

The kid started off the day as a hardcore Bulls fan ... but now says he'll also root for Dirk.

We're guessing a lot of people are gonna feel that way after watching the clip.

H/T to SportsGrid.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Canada Guy

You gotta love the Dirk!
A real cool guy who you can tell actually wanted to be there doing his thing, and not just there because of a contract clause. We could use more pro athletes like him.

Emma

That is. so cute.

Cassiel

Please Enjoy:

All the Greatest to Everyone!

Lee

You are a shining example of humanity, Dirk. God bless.

Throwback kid

You are a good man Dirk, God bless you, you made Christmas better you this little boy, I hope he gets well soon. Do you think the Kardashians would spend their Christmas Holiday in a hospital visiting sick children? Of course not, they have another catered party to throw for themselves. Merry Christmas to all

Annette Williams

Dirk is the most generous person & has the biggest heart!! We love him here in the Big D :)

Unconscience

My experiences with sick kids, some with death sentences (terminal illnesses), some with life sentences (autoimmune deficiencies, etc) and their positive attitudes and outlook on their lives, never feeling sorry for themselves, making jokes while the grown-ups around them are falling to pieces, sometimes humbled me to my very core. this kid, will, is something special.

merry xmas will, will's mom, and dirk...

Lasha

What a sweetheart. Now pass me my wine to swallow this ENORMOUS lump in my throat

UNLV1990

Thank you Dirk, I wish more stars would do this for the kids.

Just_Me

He's a great guy and role model.... wonder where his lovely new black wife is?

Mandy

I absolutely LOVE DIrk! I don't care if the Mavs are having a rough season so far, when I saw him step on that court the other night... I was EXCITED! He's a great example of how celebrities and athletes should lead their lives. Humble, generous and kind hearted!

LISA

Merry Christmas everyone!

I love this clip! What an amazing act of kindness and compassion. You could see both guys (and mom) were loving the experience. The world needs more people like Dirk Nowitzk.

C-rad

Awesome bro! This is what being a role model is all about.

Hot Chocolate

That's awesome! A small honest thing like that will definitely be in that childs heart for his whole life.

Thats a gifted child. A little inspirations does wonders for health and recovery.

tamara

Love it! What a cool guy :)

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments