Katt Williams

Quentin Tarantino Has No Business Using the N-Word

12/29/2012 4:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1229_katt_williams_QT_videoIn between getting out of jail and getting in the middle of a parking lot brawl, Katt Williams took the time to talk to TMZ about "Django Unchained" ... and threatened to beat the crap out of Quentin Tarantino if he gets the chance.

Williams didn't voice his opinion in a polite way like Spike Lee did. First he threatened to punch QT in the face, then told us, "Quentin Tarantino thinks he can say the N-word. But I checked with all of Ni**adom and nobody knows where he got his pass from. I hope he didn't get it from Samuel L. Jackson and Jamie Foxx cause they aren't going to help you when I see you."

When our photog tried to compare QT to Steven Spielberg (who made "Amistad" in 1997), Katt shot back, "Quentin Tarantino is no Steven Spielberg. Steven Spielberg doesn't wanna be black, Quentin Tarantino thinks he is. So when he meets a real ni**a, we'll see if he is or not."

Quentin, you've been warned.

starleigh

Quentin Tarantino haters, take a number and stand in line, while he laughs all the way to the bank. Quentin uses the "N" word in his FILM'S, in "Django's" case he was just showing us what it was like back then, he's not using it to offend ppl in public. Spike Lee and Katt Williams need to be on "Dancing with the stars", apparently they have a lot of time on their hands to be nitpicking Tarantino's work.

Mendoza

The first amendment to the constitution gives him the right to say ******.

Jah36

Can someone please kick the sh*t out of this a$$hole?

acelandow

It was not necessary for Quentin Tarantino to allow the "N" word to be used so many times for whatever message he was trying to get across, if any, in his movie Django. I was looking forward to seeing the movie until I heard the much appreciated comments from Spike Lee whom I respect as an African-American director.

MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS, LETS NOT ALLOW OTHERS (Quentin Tarantino and company) TO DISREPECT US (African-Americans) FOR A FEW PIECES OF BREAD (what we hunger to see) .

melanie

Dear TMZ,

Thank you for facilitating today's black history moment. I had no idea that Django was pronounced chango (latin term meaning monkey). Although not confirmed by myself, I was not aware that the movie included music by Django Reinhardt (who has a song called "Monkey Business"). I certainly was not aware that Django Unchained loosely translates to Monkey Unchained, though I am not at all certain that translation was Mr. Tarintino's intent.

Josh

Does nobody actually realize that the dreaded the n word means from the country of *****? That's all it means, that's where a lot came from. You do notice the similarity in words. They just used a hard g sound to denote from that country. Like america to american to denote from there. All the negative feel came from the actions of the people from *****, like calling someone a canadian is that good or bad?

That's all it is, that's all it ever was, can we please drop all the political correctness now? Please.

Adam

Oh yeah, you're right, using the N-word (Stupid even saying 'The N-word') In a movie that has a black lead in the south with slaves, and he threatens to beat QT up. PLEASE. Black people so 10x more racist than any other race NOW A DAYS. If your great grandadies grandady was a slave that doesn't mean YOU can use the word either if this is the case. Black people can be racist too ya know for all you people who think saying the N-word in movies is bad. If somebody was attacking you in your face screaming at you and cracking a whip on your back than it will be a different story.

Fishsnot

Give this 'crack-adled moron' the glass pipe he needs and send him on his way, freakin' moron. Who the hell is in control over who uses what word and decides if it's RACIST or not? Ooooo! the N-word, boogie men are going to get you. These niggies call themselves NI993ERS! Spare the RACE CARD, IT'S BEEN DECLINED.

barry1817

so how exactly does a word belong to a particular segment of the population, and why does that segment get to use the word, and then tell us that the word is an abomination that should never be used.

ron

i wish for the day i run into this ****** on the street, i dont need a pass from anyone

durrere

At this point, Khatt has no credibility. He's not even funny anymore. He's the joke. His concerts consist of curses ands and buts. Not funny. He needs professional help. He looks like a fool and it's sad.

Enlightened

Most black men are viewed as buffoons, and rightly so. Cover up your a$$es, learn to speak full sentences without cursing, stop making babies that you refuse to raise, stop shooting up your own communities every single night, RESPECT the women in your lives, and most of all, stop calling YOURSELVES ni@@ers. Then, and ONLY THEN, will the world begin to see you as men. At present, you are are not shown respect because you haven't earned it.

BB not bb

Melanie objects to blacks being compared to monkeys. Guess what, that is what the theory of evolution does also. It says man evolved from African apes and thus first turned into Africans. Maybe you should boycott school also, or do you just look for soft targets?

Yeah so she thinks Django sounds like chango which means monkey is some Spansh slang dialect. I think it sounds like Bojangles. Is that upsetting also? Wasn't Bojangles some sort of clown? It seems that Sammy Davis Jr. make alot of money singing about a black clown.

Maybe what Melanie really objects to is the white man making any profit.

melanie

Dear BB NoT BB,

I have no objections given I do not know Mr. Tarintino's true intent; I have only questions. My question for you is- Do you want to call blacks monkeys?

melanie

Dear BB NoT BB,

Previous 15 Comments | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments