Kris Allen

Seriously Injured

In Car Crash

1/2/2013 6:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0102_kris_allen_instagram_hospital"American Idol" winner Kris Allen and his pregnant wife Katy were in a head-on collision car crash on New Year's Day.

Allen, Katy and their dog, Zorro, were all in the car.  Kris suffered a broken arm. Katy suffered some injuries. The dog is fine.

It's unclear how far along Katy is in her pregnancy, and there's no word if the accident had any impact on it.

Kris sounds optimistic about the baby though -- he tweeted, "Thank you @Ford for equipping me with a car that kept my whole family safe ... and the little one we have on the way safe."

Kris's mom, Kimberly, says Kris is in a lot of pain and may not play guitar for awhile.

0209_celebrity_injuries_tall_footer

azriel

I don't know who this is as I don't watch reality television but his expression is priceless. lol

BB not bb

Did he pose for this picture or did some photographer stalk his hospital room? He looks kind of annoyed.

LilyLangtry

I am appalled by how mean and nasty some of you are. Someone is in a serious accident (had you seen the photo of the car your hard hearts, if you have one) might have reacted differently. It doesn't matter who he is...the story was put on TMZ. God forbid, some of you show a little compassion. Thanks TMZ for putting the article on your site. Too bad some people can't grow up.

marti

not his fan,but I hope he and his family get well ,sad to see someone hurt

G m

Apparently the dog was the only one with a seat belt on. Good thing. Animal endangerment would not look good on the resume.

RAYMOND

he will not be playing anything fora while.

Tripp_ncwy

The pictures of the car from Kris' dad are awful. They were so lucky.

OICU4455

I have not heard much about Kris after he won Idol. But I will say he was the best looking "Male" Idol winner that I can remember.

GEMS

glad family is okay. In reference to comments about american idol, yes anybody with any common sense knows that Adam Lambert was the clear cut winner. The gay issue was the difference, which is totally wrong. Chris Allen wasn't even good enough to be placed in the top 5.

Chlamydia

His "career" is failing and now this? He has some demons to work out.

Val

Glad all can walk away from this accident. Ford does make a good product. For everyone who is saying that a broken arm isn't a serious injury, if your living depends on you playing and instrument, I would think it could be a serious set back. He'll be in a cast for a while and then most likely go for physical therapy. Who knows if nerve damage may be involved. I hope he makes a complete recovery and look forward to hearing about the birth of the baby. God Bless.

wyattspoppa

"Seriously injured"? What would a minor injury be, a papercut? That happens to a six year old falling off a bed while playing, I blew 10 discs getting run down by a Postal truck on my motorcycle, and I barely describe my injuries as serious.
1) Thank God they're ok
2) What moron takes his pregnant wife out on New Years when every amateur drunk in the country is driving? No one in my family drives on New Years.. I 've worked in bars my whole life, never once made it home on New Years without seeing a terrible crash, never.

MaryMRevis

Glad to hear he and the family are going to be OK for now. As far as the photo goes his expression....I'm guessing the paparazzi was being a pain in the ass to him and he waned a little bit of privacy?...just saying.

howaj

sorry about this situation. i'm glad they are well except for his are. especially when that what he uses to perform.

Char