Alleged Sandy Hook Copycat

Threatens to Target L.A.

Kindergarteners for Death

1/8/2013 5:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0108_kyle_sub
The 24-year-old man who threatened to commit Sandy Hook type crimes in L.A. claimed he was hell-bent on leaving "dead kindergartners" in his wake ... yet he will not be prosecuted.

Kyle Bangayan posted threats on Facebook the same day as the Newtown shooting ... and claimed he was targeting L.A. schools ... this according to a search warrant obtained by TMZ.

Kyle allegedly wrote, "No really America, if you post one more Facebook post about the shooting at that elementary school, I swear to whatever f**king god you believe in that I will do the same goddamn thing."

The rant continues, "I have the guns, I have the incentive, and I won't commit suicide at the end, I'll just go to the next f**king school and the next and the next ..."

And he goes on ... "So I woke up this morning and said to myself ... Dang you know [what] would be really awesome right now ... some dead kindergarteners ... and Christmas early."

Kyle was arrested in L.A. after a tipster told the LAPD about the online threats -- and when cops searched his bedroom (at his parents house) they found six semi-auto handguns, two rifles and one shotgun.

Now for the kicker.  Kyle was released and the L.A. County D.A. said no charges would be filed, because the threats were not specific.

A little unsettling .... don't you think?

professor scrooge

I've never responded to a TMZ article before, but that idiot needs to be locked up - prankster, criminally insane or just a little off... I don't care, nor am I interested in hearing his explanation - he needs some serious sit down/jail time for even suggesting!

ITUS

JUST KILL YOURSELF...stop killing others......makes you look worse then you feel

Me

I am around his age and I'm really disappointed in the creeps my generation has produced, I must say. We've lost any sensitivity as a society and "jokes" about heinous crimes are the norm among young people. This is the school shooting generation.

Me

Sorry but this is what happens in America - shooters get national attention and other mentally ill people seize the opportunity to copycat. There are ALWAYS copycat crimes. His guns should have been taken but the sissy laws prevent that. If people in LA see him walking around they should be very worried. His pic should be posted behind store counters for awareness at the very least.

Deb

are you effin kidding me????

Donna Borges

No surprise for LA cops. They don't think any crime is bad.

garyray22

this is why our court system is bonkers. he made the threat why not lock him up. he's syco like the rest of the nuts.

Jennifer

What is unsettling is this mans mental state. NOT the amount of guns that he has. Assuming he obtained them legally. It is a crazy ass PERSON like this that would take an otherwise legal weapon and commit a horrible act. This gives legal gun owners a bad name. Yes, it is disgusting that he would even think these horrid thoughts, but that can't be blamed on the guns. Only the person wielding the weapon can commit and illegal act. I also agree with a previous comment that it is unsettling that TMZ is giving this creep publicity. That is what of a lot of these menatally ill people are looking for. To them fame is fame even if it is infamy.

Adrien303

This just goes to show you that the books need to rewritten with laws for today's world. A threat is a threat. I'm glad Tmz is bring attention to this psychopath so people would be aware and be more alert

Stephanie

WOW, so it wasn't "specific" enough? What did they want, the time, date, and school? If anything ever happens, people should point their fingers not only at the gunman, but also at the LAPD for knowing about it.

Tax

This makes me sick to think my child is in first grade in the LAUSD. Even the school police are useless. I would like to know what area of LA he lives in? If he lives near my kids school the parents have a right to know. I saw a cop at the school for the first time in weeks but only at pickup time. Anybody can just walk on to the school grounds no questions asked. The school has no security.

Tax

Its the DA fault for not filing charges not the police. TMZ why not post the DA who did not file the charges and his office number.

MP

And that's exactly what's wrong with this country and why these violent incidents continue to happen. So very sad. If this guy ends up committing an act violence there will be blood on the D.A.'s hands. Shame on them.

George

What happened to the making "Terrorist Threats" law? my friend was arrested in Santa Monica, (CA) for a while for saying he was gonna kick someones ass in a liquor store. He had no priors. and this guy has guns and a written confession!!??? WTF?!!?!?!?!!

bett

Why do you even post this? We don't need to know the kids name. Now he's on TMZ and has just got his 15 mins of fame.