« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

A.J. McCarron Upset

Over GF's Sudden Fame

1/9/2013 1:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0109_aj_katherine_01
update_bar
2:07 PM PT -- Katherine has released a statement to TMZ confirming she cancelled 8 interviews scheduled for today ... but says, "My decision to cancel the interviews was not made at A.J.'s request."

Katherine says she decided to pull out because she feared her relationship with A.J. will be viewed as a "celebrity status" thing ... instead of a real, legitimate connection ... and worries that the misconception could spell doom for the couple.

"I want it to be about me and him," Webb says ... adding, "He's a guy I can see myself having a real future with."

0314_divider_graphic

Katherine Webb has gone off the grid ... banning herself from speaking to ANY media outlets ... partly because her superstar QB boyfriend A.J. McCarron is upset that he's been overshadowed by Webb's hotness.

Of course, Webb -- Miss Alabama USA 2012 -- shot to instant fame Monday night, when ESPN announcer Brent Musburger pointed her out in the crowd and RAVED about how insanely attractive she is.

Since the game, Webb's gained more than 100k Twitter followers and has been getting hit up by media outlets from around the country -- including the "Today" show and various entertainment news shows.

But sources close to Webb tell us ... McCarron made it clear to her -- he's not happy that the media is ignoring his accomplishments on the field. We're told Webb is taking her relationship seriously and thinks the publicity could torpedo things with A.J.

In fact, we're told one major media outlet showed up to Webb's front door this morning looking to speak with Katherine ... but she turned them down. We're told she also backed out of several interviews that were already scheduled.

Sources connected to the situation tell TMZ ... Donald Trump -- who owns the Miss USA competition -- got word of Webb's self-imposed media blackout ... and decided to get involved.

We're told Trump talked her into appearing on the "Today" show -- but she won't budge when it comes to doing any other PR.

Sources close to A.J. tell us ... the QB has made it clear to friends he wants to keep his private life private. One source tells us A.J. isn't jealous of Katherine, but wants to keep the spotlight on his team and their accomplishments.

0109_katherine_webb_hot_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

eivissa

She is * Miss Alabama USA * ! The whole reason she entered competions like that is for getting modeling jobs, commercials, acting jobs, college grants, get her name OUT THERE and to be in the spot light!
~
Is this guy kidding?
He went out with her BECAUSE she is MISS Alabama USA!
He is a JEALOUS P*SSY!
~
HE needs to be happy for her and supportive of her and her career!
~
I hope she dumps his sorry azz

Keek

"me and him"... how Alabama

Keek

"me and him" that's Alabama for you. Did she ever take an English grammer course?

Lucy

What?! I hope she leaves him. That is NOT a good sign, no matter what anyone says. A man who truly loves you would NOT care. He would be proud of you. Look at Tom Brady + Gisele. Silly young girl, she will learn and regret this decision. SIlly silly girl.

Mike

I'm thinking that A.J. McCarron wanted to keep it quiet that Katherine went to Auburn ... the #1 football rival of Alabama.

I'm sure Bama fans want everyone to think that the hottest looking girls go to their school instead of Auburn. It's kind of blasphemy against the football gods for Alabama's star QB to be dating an Auburn girl. Horrible isn't it?

frank

To bad he has another girl on the side and we know her!!! And she has proof and she just found out he had a GF because of the game!! haha that is why he doesnt want this to blow up

gbgh123

this guy sounds like a total DOUCHE...dump him and put your career on FULL SPEED AHEAD, while u can Webb !!!! A real man, wouldn't care if his chick overshadowed him!

Lucy

BlueBelleh

Wow, you guys are really taking this rejection thing hard.I suspect tmz was one of the interviews she canceled. According to her statement she made the decision herself.Respect that and move on.

Shawna

She looks manly to me.

GLaDOS

What a douche bag.
They'll break-up within a month.

me

He should only get mad if it goes to her head & she runs with it. Frankly, I think all of this is a joke. Men act like she's the last woman left on earth. I've seen a lot better.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

After seeing her quotes on TMZ for the past couple of days, I can tell he's with her because she's an engaging conversationalist.

kitnplayn

What kind of a doormat lets her boyfriend tell her what to do? Shame on you. You are not much of a woman, and he is not much of a man.

Lex

I am sorry but she has an amazing body but a rather masculine face. PLUS that little boy looked over like a bit but was NOT lusting after her, in fact he yawned and stretched out as the reporters were gushing about how horny the poor boy was (imagine the hell he got at school).