Britney to 'X Factor'

I Quit, Y'all!!!

1/10/2013 6:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0109-britney-spears-tmz
Britney Spears
will NOT be a judge on "X Factor" next season -- and it's entirely her doing ... TMZ has learned.

We have unimpeachable sources who tell us Britney loves the show but wants to focus on her music ... which she is doing right now.  Britney is in the studio recording her 8th album, with some help from Will.i.am and producer Hit-Boy, the brains behind Kanye and Jay-Z's "N****s in Paris."

One of our sources tells us ... "Britney loves Simon, she likes Demi Lovato but her thing is music."

We're told after she completes the album, Britney is seriously considering going on tour again.

Walking away from $15 mil ...Yeah, she's that rich.

010912_britney_spears_x_factor_footer

Mike

It absolutely sickens me to see a no talent jerk like Cowell make good.

Lisa

I think she was fired like it was first announced because she wasnt being naughty britney on the show, BUT she asked them to let her say she quit so it sounds better for her singing career and they agreed. "Just get this bitch outta here,,, she can say she quit,,, whatever."

wildeyedsouthernboy

there is a God in heaven

Dennis

15 Million. Crap, I'll do it for a mere 100,000. And, I certainly am a better judge of contestants than Brit. I've been watching this show since season one and have pretty much picked the winners every year because i'm an average American who loves music.

Laura

I thought she was a terrible judge..but Simon is the reason I don't watch it. Too full of himself, and no personality.

Sam

This story is totally bogus to save face. Yeah, she's leaving to focus on her music because she's such a visionary artist.

Nobody.Puts.Bieber.In.A.Corner

Maybe she wants to focus on hitting cars with Umbrellas. Wackie Hoe!

bamfan

$15 million dollars ? Really? Now that's one expensive piece of a$$, lol

Gayle

She was totally useless, blah and appeared to be "out of it." I firmly believe that Simon gave her this way out to avoid her embarrassment by being fired.

Gayle

Ronnie

One word - amazing!

Terry

Just came over to say - WHO CARES!? Britney could only say "amazing" and what about that little hand clapping thing. So Long Brit......................

kafantaris

Britney was about the only honest voice on the show and the one who called it right, even when politics got in the way.
But sincere judging from those who still ply their craft is not what we wanted. We wanted a show of judging -- God forbid the real from those still in the trenches.
If you wonder if Britney is the real thing, you need only watch her direct the setup of the stage in her next performance.
Pure genius and no bull.

Debbie

No love lost here. bye

Pete

She added nothing to the X Factor. All I heard was, "That was amazing."