Britney Spears

Here's Your

Ring Back

1/12/2013 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0111_britney_spears_engagement_ring_Article_1
The newly-unencumbered Jason Trawick is once again the proud owner of a $90,000 engagement ring ... because we've learned Britney Spears has already given it back.

Sources connected with the couple tell TMZ ... Jason did not ask Brit to return the 3.5-carat, Neil Lane ring ... she returned it on her own.

By the way ... there are reports that Britney bought the ring herself. Not true.

FUN FACT:  In California, the ring -- which in legalese is a "gift in contemplation of marriage" -- must be returned if the wedding is cancelled, UNLESS the dude is the one who called the whole thing off.  If it's a mutual break-up, or if the woman is the one who pulls the plug, the ring goes back to the guy.

The question -- If Jason gets engaged again, is it bad luck to give that ring to his fiancée?

TNastyFunktown

It appears to be a drama free break up. As I have said, I hope it stays that way.

Laura

Kim and Kris..this is how it is done. Nobody wins the way those two are playing this out.

AlwaysOnTimeB

I would never want to wear someone else's ring, especially if I knew it!!

NOT ELMO

that guy did not want to have children because he does not want to pay child support one day...

Jannie

KIM, GIVE THA MAN HIS RING BAAAAAAAAAACK AND STOP WHINING ABOUT NOT BEING DIVORCED YET.

Taxidrver

Honestly Britney is more boring than Lohan.
No offence to Britney Fans

LISA

Awww - she is such a nice person. I doubt he would give it to another girl. He'll probably sell it or have it taken apart and sold for the metals and diamonds.

SSinOC

This guy looks like he could easily sign up as a Scientology goon.

static

Lets face it as rich as she is a 90,000 ring isn't a big deal to her giving it back to him is more of a slap in the face than keeping it.

catharinemily

She's a moron. Can't put a sentence together. Better get back on stage and shake ass and forget a normal suburban life.

ashley

see how reality tv shows always puts a jinx on someone's relationship, geeze la weeze

Jenna5960

I would never in a million years accept a ring that was on another woman's finger. If my guy was previously engaged he would need to sell that ring and put it towards a new one.

DeeMaree

You do NOT give that ring to another finance. Here honey I love you so much here is Britney's ring so I can think of her when I kiss your hand. Tmz sometimes you guys are idiots for real.

LISA

That is a LOT of change for anyone to deal with at once ~ a broken engagement, leaving a job and starting another. Jason seemed like a good influence on Brit. I hope she can handle all of this OK.

mike_in_canada