Miss Universe 2012

Yes, I Drank Underage

... But I Don't Anymore

1/13/2013 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0111_olivia_culpo_underage_drinking_launchMiss Universe 2012 Olivia Culpo tells TMZ ... she did engage in underage drinking during her freshman year in college (like EVERY college student) ... but the 20-year-old insists her days of illegal boozing are long behind her.

Just days after Culpo emerged victorious at the Miss Universe competition last month, photos of the beauty queen taking shots of hard liquor surfaced on the web -- a problem since she's not exactly 21.

We reached out to Culpo -- who told us, "Like many college students I was curious and did experiment with alcohol in college."

She adds, "I would be lying if I told you I did not experience what many students do during their college years.  I take responsibility for my actions."

Culpo says the pics were taken during her freshman year at Boston University -- but notes she hasn't had one drink since she won the title of Miss USA back in June.

It's too bad Culpo's parents weren't with her during the boozing sessions -- 'cause Massachusetts is one of the states where it's OK for someone under 21 to booze in a bar as long as that person is with a parent who consents.

Truth

UMM, Y ARE THE PICS OF KATHERINE WEBB? WHAT, TMZ GET SUED BY TRUMPSTER ALREADY?? NICE BAIT AND SWITCH HARV... #TRUTH!!

su

yes, she doesn't give handy's anymore either...........

Jordan

What difference does it make. Donald Trump really does not care if contestants drink underage or do drugs as long as they are his personal puppet he really does not care what they do.

AM

slow day at the office, huh...

AM

slow day at the office, huh...

TNastyFunktown

Step into a college party and over half off the attendees are underage: dare I say, big deal?? Hop on off your high horses and try to remember when you were that young, if you didn't engage in the "cursed" underage drinking fantastic for you, if you did, chances are the world didn't end.

Joey

I read that when Harvreywas in college he had sex with a monkey

ivan

She's given a pass, but Justin Bieber who is 18 is not- I guess it's because she's a girl.

tucker

She's right! She's not alone!! I drank at BU when I was underage too. No big deal.

foreverOnline

Sex tape to follow. Yawn.

kc

big deal. In Canada you can either drink at 18 or 19 depending which province you are in.

Johnny R

Who Cares leave her alone!

waffles

ahhhh I've lived my entire life in Massachusetts and that's not the law here. No ID = No booze, even if your parents say it's ok. I'm almost 30 and I've been to dinner with my mother and they wouldn't serve me because I didn't have my ID. Not sure where you got that info.

Miller Cerasuolo

Like many college kids, Miss Universe 2012, Olivia Culpo, admits to drinking underage during her time at Boston University. If she had been caught drinking in Virginia, she could have been convicted of a class 1 misdemeanor. If convicted, she would have been facing a mandatory minimum fine of $500 or performance of a minimum of 50 hours of community service. Having an underage drinking charge on your permanent record wouldn't have looked good for her as a potential Miss Universe candidate…lucky for her, she didn’t get caught.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2