« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lance Armstrong

Reportedly CONFESSES

Yes Oprah, I Cheated

1/14/2013 3:54 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0114_armstrong_oprah_getty
Lance Armstrong ADMITTED to Oprah Winfrey ... he DID use performance-enhancing drugs during his pro cycling career to win the Tour de France ... this according to the Associated Press.

Lance wrapped up his one-on-one interview with Oprah just a few hours ago ... and according to the report, Lance finally 'fessed up to cheating ... the first time he's ever admitted wrongdoing during his professional career.

Earlier in the day, Lance apologized to the staff at Livestrong, choking up and saying he was sorry for letting down the organization.

The way Lance worded his admission could have serious legal ramifications -- considering he's facing possible criminal prosecution and civil liability for allegedly lying about his PED use in a number of legal proceedings.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

bubbiesright

Piece of sh$% .... we knew it anyway

bring back recent posts

..ya??? so???????????..big deal..doesn't change the fact you're a cheater, a liar and 100% committed fraud...your children will be so proud of you...loser!

Kàt

The truth will set you free.... but it will cost you big bucks. But hey.... at least now you can sleep at night.

Marilyn

Despicable he confessed to Oprah!
Deserves real punishment, consequences, jail............

Kàt

also.......wonder what else he lied about. Sheryl Crow was smart to leave him.

Phreaky

Sad.

Shanice

We love you Lance, thank you for finally being strong and admitting the truth in Oprah....takes a lot of guts to do this. Your still the greatest cyclist ever, they cant take that from you!

Dirk

Isn't it rich?
Are we a pair?
Me here at last on the ground,
You in mid-air..
Where are the clowns?

Isn't it bliss?
Don't you approve?
One who keeps tearing around,
One who can't move...
Where are the clowns?
Send in the clowns.

Just when I'd stopped opening doors,
Finally knowing the one that I wanted was yours.
Making my entrance again with my usual flair
Sure of my lines...
No one is there.

Don't you love farce?
My fault, I fear.
I thought that you'd want what I want...
Sorry, my dear!
And where are the clowns
Send in the clowns
Don't bother, they're here.

Isn't it rich?
Isn't it queer?
Losing my timing this late in my career.
And where are the clowns?
There ought to be clowns...
Well, maybe next year.

Perky

So he's worth $100 million and he earned that by cheating and lying. People have been shot on the spot for doing less.

smurfya

Sorry lance but being a cancer survivor doesn't give u a pass for being a life long d bag

Danielle123

The majority of the athletes he competed against used performance enhancing drugs. Big Whoop. They all use steroids. The ones that came out on the special on channel 4, aiding those two women in outing him, both used performance enhancing drugs and both competed against Armstrong in a race where they both lost against him despite the fact that they were ALL using drugs. If Armstrong was winning in a race where the large majority of people were using performance enhancers, there is obviously some talent there that lies within him, more so than the other bicyclists. I'm sorry, but I can't be mad at the guy when the majority of athletes in that field have done and are doing the exact same thing.

paul a.

A shout out to all those TMZers who defended this a-hole by attacking us who knew he was cheating. U know who you are. I hope you are choking on it....

w h i t e y

I love it

DJ

Whooooo cares!?! He is a total douche and I have now lost ALL respect for this tool. Being "honest" after so many years of lying does not make it better. We all knew the truth once people started to talk. DOUCHE!

paul a.

The story here isnt that he cheated. big deal. or that he got away with it for so long. again big deal. the story here is that he was so headstrong and intimidating to anyone who dared challenge him. Almost like a mobster........Even death threats were thrown out at some

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments