Lindsay Lohan

Fires Attorney Shawn Holley

1/14/2013 3:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0114_lindsay_holley_lawyer_tmz_getty_2
Lindsay Lohan
has made one of the worst decisions of her life ... firing Shawn Holley -- the lawyer who has kept her out of jail multiple times -- and hired a New York lawyer, who was suspended from practicing law for 5 years back in 1994 ... sources tell TMZ.

Lohan is facing criminal prosecution in both California and New York.  Attorney Mark Heller is repping Lindsay in the NYC assault case. Shawn Holley was repping LiLo in L.A. in her multiple criminal cases -- most recently the car crash where she allegedly lied to cops.

It's a stunning development -- given that Holley has taken heat for being too effective, keeping Lindsay out of the pokey in the jewelry heist case as well as several probation violation cases. And she's almost magically made some criminal investigations disappear.

Sources connected with the L.A. prosecution of Lindsay tell TMZ ... Heller -- who according to the New York Times has been called a "menace to the public" by some lawyers -- sent a letter to Holley saying he was now repping her on all criminal matters.

Bad timing on Lindsay's part, because sources tell us ... Holley was literally on her way to the courthouse when Heller sent his letter -- she was trying to negotiate yet another sweet settlement for Lindsay in the lying-to-cops case.

Calls to Holley were not returned.

LLsez

FFS! FFS! FFS!

Who will dry Blo's tear now??

Lucky_130

Well now I guess you can consider both Lindsay and her new attorney "A menace to the public".

Areader

That decision makes no sense!

Truth

BLESSING IN DISGUISE!! THE DUMB C*NT WILL FINALLY BE JAILED. LESLO IS STUPID AS THEY ***... BITCH GOT CONNED BY A CON-MAN SALES JOB. CLASSIC! #TRUTH!!

James25

I suspect that this is more of a case of Shawn wanting to leave. It would be pretty silly for Lindsay to fire her because she has helped saved Lindsay's bacon on many occasions.

Vinsetta

Two things. I think Shawn told her the truth, jail time, can't avoid it. But Harvey said she was on the way to consult with the judge and get possibly no jail, when she got the letter. So, not sure. Plus Lindsay cannot afford her. I'm sure Heller is telling her what she wants to hear, not the truth. There has to be something else to this too. But nevertheless, congrats Shawn!

jeannie

I had lost interest in Loserhan's court case but I think I'll tune in tomorrow..Heller's remarks are always good for a laugh..He will say something stupid because he can't control his own mouth.

Majestik

Heller to Judge, sir, I need a continuance on the grounds I have to apply to the L.A. Bar and get my license to practice here then I need time to review the case and prepare for argument.

kanye east

YEEEEE HAAAAAWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

The champagne glasses are flying high tonight!!
Higher than Lindsay Lohan. I wonder which nightclub or lesbain bar will have to suffer her wrath tomorrow around 3:00am? Maybe DUIna will have to calm her down with some of "Mommy's special oral". I vibe a world-class Ambien haze coming soon!

Can we pound that?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
In your face, NICOLE! You too, DUIna!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, etc.

Luz

Well, we all know Lindsay is broke, and this guy probably needed a boost in his career. I'd dare to bet he's representing her for free, just for the notoriety it will bring!

Majestik

I'm waiting for Attorney Horrowitz to step his foot into the fray. He and Heller can hook up together and pull the Horrowitz/Garbus fiasco four years ago for Griegorieva. Meh!!!

D

Like everyone else said, I think it's a delay tactic.

STNCA

It's the move she needed to make so that Karma can come in and kick her stupid ass. Your move, Karma.

Hot Farts

There are so many scenarios that could take place here. A substitution of attorney must be filed with the court and if this happened today this means that they will what...file it in the courtroom tomorrow a.m.? or late today at the clerks window more likely.

So for sure he asks for a continuance on the case, but I see some grey area around the PV hearing.

This is the 11th hour ploy by Tater and her new slimeball. He plays dirty and so she will possibly get to stay out of jail for 5 more minutes or may be asked to post bail. Perhaps Holley advised her to return to LA in case she is arrested and bail is to be posted?? it is just too wacky and BELEIVE THAT A JUDGE WILL BE AWARE THAT SHE IS BEING PLAYED -

Keep digging Tater...it is fun and special to watch you break brand new depths of low on a regular basis #TRUETATERS***

Vinsetta

This pile of crap Lohan wants to delay it, and she is that desperate to delay jail that she fires the one good thing going for her, just to stay out longer.