Steven Tyler Gives Beyonce

HOT PASS

on Fake National Anthem

1/23/2013 7:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

012313_steven_tyler_launch
Beyonce could've done a sock puppet lip-sync of the "Star Spangled Banner" -- as far as Steven Tyler's concerned -- as long as her smoking bod was in plain view at the Inauguration.

Steven was outside the Viper Room, and when we asked about B's lip-syncing debacle he said ...  "Beyonce's so hot she can do anything. Let's just get real."

Aerosmith's frontman didn't seem the least bit bent about the controversy, and even belted out ... "Whatever gets you through the night" ... LIVE, mind you.

So, has Steven ever, y'know -- faked it?

Check the clip and get the answer straight from those famous lips.

Truth

LOOK, MICHELLE IS THE ONE KISSING BEYAAWWWNCE'S ASS... SHE SAID HER DAUGHTER WAS A BEYSTAN AND THAT'S WHY SHE WAS EVER PICKED 4 YRS AGO. OBAMA ADMINISTRATION IS RETARDED - "OH, BUT WE DIDNT KNOW ETTA JAMES WAS STILL ALIVE..." JUST LIKE HE DOESNT KNOW BEYAAWWWNCE LIP SYNCS HER WHOLE CRAPTASTIC CAREER. GTFO! IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE... #TRUTH!!

Geobh

They should have just had James Taylor sing the anthem. He wouldn't have faked it.

be real

HOW CAN AMERICA KEEP PROMOTING EVIL PEOPLE- SHOULD HAVE WENT FOR REAL TALENT-OBAMA IS LIKE THIS POLITCAL GROUPIE........ BETWEEN BEYONCE AND HER DRUG DEALING HUBBY THAT IS THE BEST OBAMA CAN DO EVERY TIME.......

I STOPPED RESPECTING BEYONCE WHEN THEY ROBBED THOSE YOUNG GURLS- EVIL GREEDY DEVIL. WE LET THE RICH GET AWAY WITH ANYTHING...... I BEEN SYING BEYONCE IS A LIAR- SHE FAKES EVERYHING AND LIES ABOUT HER MUSCI/VIDEOS NOT ONE CREATIVE TALENT- YOU TAKE ASONG TO BEYONCE SHE IS GONNA STEAL IT FROM YOU PERIOD. sHE WON'T EVEN GIVE HER OWN SISTER CREDIT FOR HER SONGS- GREEEDY DEVIL IS A LIE. BUT AMERICA LOVES THE DEVIL
Former Destiny's Child member LaTavia Roberson opened up about her relationship with Mathew Knowles and her shortlived career as one fourth of the successful girlband.

In an exclusive interview with Kempire Radio, Roberson spoke out about her relationship with ex-band manager, Mathew Knowles, who the group once dubbed Joe Jackson, because of his strict mentality.

When asked if she was surprised to hear about Beyonce firing her dad as her manager, the singer replied: "No. I don’t even know what else to say. I hate that... when I got wind that that had happened I felt sad... for my friend."

When asked to elaborate on recent claims she made in a recent interview, stating that if it wasn't for Mathew the group would still be together, Roberson revealed that she and Latoya Luckett began noticing Kelly and Beyonce were getting a different kind of treatment compared to the other girls.

She later added: "I definitely believe he was a strong influence, as far as how Kelly and Beyonce felt. Especially at that time, we were supposed to be able to sit down and speak about...at least that's what myself and Letoya were told, and before we knew it we were watching the 'Say My Name' video.'"

Roberson who was originally kicked out of the group along with band member and solo R&B singer Letoya Luckett in 2000, hit headlines after the release of the group's third single when Mathew unknowingly fired the pair, and replaced them with Farrah Franklin, and Michelle Williams.

Roberson and Luckett quickly filed a lawsuit against Mathew, Kelly and Beyonce claiming unfair dismissal, and stated they did not know they were out of the group until they saw the 'Say My Name' video a few weeks later.

The case was eventually settled out of court with Roberson and Luckett receiving royalties for their contributions as founding members of the group, along with writing credits from material released from their first album The Writings On The Wall.

"I definitely still receive royalties from the group, I was a writer on both of the album's and I have Grammy's from 'Say My Name', so yes I do still receive money from that because I was a writer", she later added.

Mary Monroe

I think it was really rude of her to lip sync she was honored to be there to sing so she should of did it live that's the whole point of being there. Kelly Clarkston nailed her performance and did it live with pride. At least if Beyonce did lip sync she should OWN IT and say that she did instead of trying to fool millions of people. As for Anderson Beyonce has no problem getting on stage it's her job it's what she does for a living she's no stranger to that.

Chris NJ

I think Steven Tyler is awesome. He seems like the kind of guy that you want to hang out and laugh with all night. But seriously. Who cares if Beyonce lip synced. She isn't the first or last person to do so. Granted is was our National Anthem, but that is a hard song to sing and believe it or not most people forget the words. I'm not saying that is the case, but why take the chance in front of millions of people and our President.

Danielle123

People just love to hate for absolutely no reason. I don't believe she lip synced but I wouldn't be surprised if she had a prerecorded back track playing along to help her throughout. If she did lip sync then she is one hell of a lip syncer. Also, even if she did, what exactly is the problem? Every single one of the greatest singers have lip synced. I would rather have help in the background to rely on as 1. It was freezing cold 2. People forget the words to the National Anthem all of the time. Rather be safe than sorry. People honestly nitpick at the smallest things. Beyonce did an amazing job. The end.

Danielle123

Seriously, some of these comments are ridiculous lol. I can't even deal with some of you people. Please stick to attacking the Kesha's of the world. Nobody can please you all.

Jim in Cali

Beyonce is embarrassing. I could care less if she lip-syncs at her shows or at stupid award shows. But she's asked to sing the national anthem at the Presidential Inauguration. If she didn't want to sing it LIVE (like Kelly Clarkson did) than she should have turned down the opportunity and allowed the numerous others (this might shock the TMZ lovers but there are non-famous singers that can sing just fine) that would have willingly sang the anthem LIVE but instead Beyonce had to make it about herself and put on some fake performance hoping she would get some cheap publicity. I'm glad she's getting ripped for it because she's a selfish bitch for doing it anyway.

luckycat

HE LOOKS LIKE A BABOON!

helloitsme

Beyonce is beautiful but her job wasn't to look pretty but to sing our country's song in honor of an inauguration of it's President. She failed to do that.

Yosemite Sam

Her voice sounds like nails on a chalk board, I can't stand her garbage music. She is a no talent, fake, ugly person. She is with a drug dealing rapper and that is who Michelle wants her daughters to look up to. TRASH !!!

DaveT

I don't care if people lip sync, most of the time the crowds are so into the show they don't care anyway, but Beyonce is just a fake person all around, she's so fake she doesn't even know who she is, she's so caught up in the ultra-fake feminist world that she couldn't give a straight answer if she wanted to, she's too programmed by the dictatorial controlling feminists who try and often succeed in brainwashing women for the sole purpose of controlling those women.

judy jetson

Coward! The reason he says its ok is because he's probably afraid that someone will call him a racist if he doesn't.

MarcaR

Well first of all tyler sucked when he sang it before the sox game, and if beyonce didn't use auto-tune, she could have sang it live.

WiddoMouse

What is the big deal about singing the National Anthem live? Is there some federal law that says it has to be sung live? The Star Spangled Banner was composed in 1814 and became the National Anthem in 1931. Where is it written that it cannot be lip synched? Lip synching was not even a term used in 1931. What about when it is played without the words? Does it have to be performed by a live band? I think this entire topic is nothing more than a topic.....something to talk about and argue about.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments