« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Beyonce

Sings National Anthem LIVE

Suck It, Haters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/31/2013 12:00 PM PST UPDATED: 1/31/2013 12:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Beyonce was on a mission today to PROVE she can sing the national anthem like a pro – belting out a LIVE version of "The Star-Spangled Banner” moments ago on TV … without the help of a backing track ... and she KILLED IT.

Beyonce was at the news conference for her upcoming Super Bowl halftime show when she launched into the impromptu performance -- and when she finished the song, she simply said, “Any questions?”

During the conference, Bey was asked about the lip-syncing situation at the Presidential Inauguration last week, and she admitted she used a backing track -- claiming, "I am a perfectionist ... I did not have time to rehearse with the orchestra [at the Inauguration]. It was a live television show and a very important moment for me."

013113_beyonce_inauguration
Beyonce added, "Due to the weather, due to the delay, due to no proper sound check, I did not feel comfortable taking the risk … so I decided to sing along with my pre-recorded track, which is very common in the music industry. And I’m very proud of my performance."

A reporter then asked Beyonce if she planned to sing live at the Super Bowl, and she replied vaguely, "I always sing live" ... but she didn't say whether she planned to use a backing track as well.

When asked about a possible Destiny’s Child reunion at this Sunday's halftime show – Beyonce hedged on the answer.

So let this settle it once and for all ... girl can sing.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

RoadRig

Take it easy on the autotune....

Bryan

As a professional vocalist myself, I listened to her live performance. Very unimpressed... Her phrasing was all over the place, and you don't breathe in between linked lyrics. I give her a B - at best for this lackluster performance.

Kai

Beyonce killed it!! ive seen her live and she sings and dances full out u can't hate on her talent period.

Bee Bee

this was weak. she sang in such a low key. it wasnt even heart felt. yeah...blah blah blah we know u can sing beyonce. get over yourself. lol.honestly she should have stood up for herself and been proud of her first decision. weak move beyonce.

うんこ

必死だな
ちょっとは自重しろよ

yanga

HOWARD STERN HAD PROOF THAT SHE WAS NOT SINGING ON GOOD MORIN AMERICA SHE WAS SCREAMING LIKE A LIVE CAT BUT SOME ONE ELSE IS SINGING SUPPOSE TO BE HER THEY WERE RECORDING HER CHECK THAT TMZ

SaSaSmelly

Fake singer, fake pregnancy, fake person.

jim

No one ever said she couldn't sing the national anthem. I find this whole thing arrogant and posturing, especially with her concluding the live version with "Any questions?" The accusation was not that she couldn't sing. It was that she didn't sing. Probably the single greatest honor a singer could have bestowed on them would be getting asked to sing the national anthem at a Presidential inauguration, and she has finally admitted that although she was singing, she was using a backing tape. I fail to see how her proving that she CAN sing the national anthem changes the fact that she didn't sing it. But even that is not what bothers me. It's the deceitful denial of it, and the conceit that would lead her to think that this performance excuses and explains having not done so, and having not admitted it. I've lost a lot of respect for her through this whole episode.

Jimmy Stink Finger

Who are the 62% of idiots thinking she is desperate? That just KICKED MY ASS ! And if it did not kick yours....you have a problem. That babe rocked it ! God Bless America.

Kate

Her ability to sing the national anthem was never in doubt. All we wanted was for her to give an honest rendition of it on a day that was very memorable for a lot of people. She didn't. Nothing she does now will change that.

iamshizz

Okay...

iamshizz

Most of Yu need to keep a six pack of beer on Yur night stand... there is no need to wake up with that much hate over this...get Yur lives back, grow up

hoverZero

She can sing but she can't make me listen.

hoverZero

A lot of irony there. She sings about the good ole USA. Then she goes on about how it enslaved her race. LoL.

taih588

so basically this idiot just proved that she never sings live at none of her concerts because with a live mic like now you hear the end of every word and asnd her breathing but when she's at a concert the words are smooth.