« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Beyonce

Sings National Anthem LIVE

Suck It, Haters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/31/2013 12:00 PM PST UPDATED: 1/31/2013 12:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Beyonce was on a mission today to PROVE she can sing the national anthem like a pro – belting out a LIVE version of "The Star-Spangled Banner” moments ago on TV … without the help of a backing track ... and she KILLED IT.

Beyonce was at the news conference for her upcoming Super Bowl halftime show when she launched into the impromptu performance -- and when she finished the song, she simply said, “Any questions?”

During the conference, Bey was asked about the lip-syncing situation at the Presidential Inauguration last week, and she admitted she used a backing track -- claiming, "I am a perfectionist ... I did not have time to rehearse with the orchestra [at the Inauguration]. It was a live television show and a very important moment for me."

013113_beyonce_inauguration
Beyonce added, "Due to the weather, due to the delay, due to no proper sound check, I did not feel comfortable taking the risk … so I decided to sing along with my pre-recorded track, which is very common in the music industry. And I’m very proud of my performance."

A reporter then asked Beyonce if she planned to sing live at the Super Bowl, and she replied vaguely, "I always sing live" ... but she didn't say whether she planned to use a backing track as well.

When asked about a possible Destiny’s Child reunion at this Sunday's halftime show – Beyonce hedged on the answer.

So let this settle it once and for all ... girl can sing.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Max

Hey Beyonce, do yourself a favor and stop talking. You're not good at excuse making either!

Kraken

I had to turn it off. I can only take so much of the "Beyonce" show.

Nunya

I cant even put into words how fake this heffa is..she's 2 wks too late with this bull****...look out kim k, beyaki is coming for the attention ho crown

Max

That's okay Beyonce, Obama is lip syncing the presidency too!

DaveT

Who cares....49ers are gonna run over the Ravens like a steamroller BAM!

GreyWolf

What the hell is the big deal? So what if she did. It was still her singing it! Damn people get over it. You're like a bunch of dogs with a bone. Let it go already and move on. You all lost your minds when Janet Jackson's breast popped out too during a past super bowl too. It's not like it was a gun. It was a breast. OMG! Americans seem happier when they are pissing and moaning about something and you keep doing it for weeks. Even the news keeps this $hit up. GET OVER IT ALREADY.

EasilyHard

Obamas lip synching the song REPUBLICANS ARE THE DEVIL because Republicans are the devil SEE CONGRESS IF ANY QUESTIONS

Sarah

God shes so fake. Shes also trying get this miscarriage story so people can feel sorry for her. Not buying it fakeyonce. Her excuse for not singing live is bull**** because of the weather? Well how come Kelly Clarkson was able to sing live then? Get over yourself bitch your nothing special and this superbowl is about the players not her stop focusing on her.

Leighton

Of all the issues in the world...this is what people care about?

KnuckleDragger

In my opinion this Super Bowl thing gets more pussified and commercialized each year. I enjoy a good January game in the snow between east coast teams on real grass. All this "dome" football sucks a dick! Next thing you know they'll be playing baseball indoors so they don't get wet when it rains.

kicksroute66

Die bi.t.c.h

Wedo

God she sounds uneducated.

M. Brooks

She is no one important. She is just a singer/entertainer. Why does she need to do a press conference? Does anyone really care about what she has to say?

Rocco

Did anyone ever claim she was incapable of singing it live? Do you think the voice functions differently when the outdoor weather is 10 degrees as opposed to an indoor temperature of 70 degrees? Obviously, you're not singers.

kronenburg

Hmmm....the pre-recorded track sounded better.