'Justified' Stuntwoman Sues

Show Wrecked My Body

... and My Marriage

2/1/2013 4:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0201-justified-article
A stuntwoman who was severely injured during an accident on the set of "Justified" is suing producers ... claiming they are responsible for her broken bones ... and her broken marriage.

TMZ has obtained a lawsuit filed by Lisa Hoyle -- who claims that during a stunt for the show in 2011, a vehicle on the set smashed into a parked car ... which ran over her ankle and sent her crashing into the ground.

Lisa claims she lost consciousness and suffered an open head fracture, soft-tissue injuries, bruising and lacerations.

In her suit, Lisa claims she was never informed the parked car was part of the stunt ... because the stunt coordinator held a meeting about the stunt while she was out getting a snack.

And if the injuries weren't bad enough, Lisa and her husband claim their "marital relations" deteriorated because of the accident ... and they separated as a result.

Both Lisa and her husband are seeking unspecified damages. So far, no comment from the "Justified" people.

Me Too

REALLY slow news day, I see...

Who-Day

sounds more like your man was using you to get into the film industry and you're not use to him anymore

Los Pepes

In other news
Im making stuffed red bell peppers toinight

bring back recent posts

...um..don't know the details..but...u'd think being a stuntwoman might have these ramifications...just saying..poor girl...good luck with all of that...

SoWhat

Sounds more like it was her own fault that led to her injuries and relationship issues. It's really bad and unfortunate that it happened but you know the dangers of being a stunt person and you should have been there on set getting ready for the scene instead of out getting a snack knowing that you were shooting soon.

Marilyn

"Justified" kills!
Great show & great acting.
Love those quirky characters.
Wish I knew people who watch it like I do though..

Elsa

Whats the problem?
From the sounds of it, her hubby wouldnt mind another hole in her head.

Sonja

Sorry but you lost me when you blamed a broken ankle as the cause of your marriage problems. You are a stunt woman for Christ sake, I'd assume both you and your husband knew there were some risks for injury.. that's why they hire stunt people for stars no?? I'm sure the studios and the stunt company have fantastic insurance since the job is so high risk. Sounds like someone is just trying to make pay day.

Carl

Maybe you shouldn't go get a snack when someone is trying to hold a meeting about the stunt you are about to do. If you do miss it maybe try asking someone what you missed? Stunt people are paid very well because they risk their safety and lives. When an accident happens it is just part of the job.

Stace.

You and your husband separated and both are seeking damages? Not to mention only one suffered from the accident. Looks like your separation brings you together for a paycheck.

LK

HOMELESS & SHOELESS IN LA !!!!!
LOL

DaveT

I can relate, I once broke my finger at work and my ex wife filed for divorce stating she couldn't live with a man with a broken finger

EasilyHard

Thats some sort of oxy-moron ish stuntperson injured?

john

Dirt bag losers. I hope they get nothing and have to pay the studio's legal defense.

Dobby

Well it's nice to see you can't stay together because of a broken ankle, but when it's time to sue a company to get cash, you can count on each other to stick together (and to the same story) at least until the cash comes through. Now that's togetherness!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments