Kristin Chenoweth

American Airlines

Treated Me Like a Dog

2/1/2013 4:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0131-kristin-chenoweth-american-airlines
Kristin Chenoweth says she was the victim of a screaming, angry gate agent who bullied her and embarrassed her when she tried to board an American Airlines flight with her emotional support dog ... and now the airline is begging for her forgiveness.

TMZ has learned, the altercation went down this week as Kristin boarded a flight from Dallas to L.A.. We're told Kristin had her emotional support dog in tow -- as she always does -- when she was confronted by a gate agent supervisor who claimed Kristin didn't have the proper paperwork to bring the dog on board.

When Kristin protested, insisting she had done everything correctly, the agent got "verbally abusive" in front of several passengers ... scolding the actress ... and Kristin was so shaken up, she burst into tears.

Eventually airline officials realized a mistake had been made -- and Kristin was allowed to board the flight with her dog. Whoops.

After the flight, Kristin tweeted, "American Airlines: Dallas flight attnt supervisor Ms. Kidwell. Abuse not okay. #tripfromhell."

Seems American Airlines was paying attention to the tweet -- because a rep for AA tells us, "We have been in touch with Ms. Chenoweth to offer our apologies for the misunderstanding. We refunded the [$125] cabin pet charge as soon as we realized the mistake. We hope she will consider flying American again in the future."

Kristin wasn't lying when she said she flies with the dog all the time -- we shot video of her last month with her dog Madeline ... and everything seemed fine.
 013113_chenowith_launch

Honeydip

I thought service dogs were bigger and actually looked liked service dogs. Anyway the is cute!

There's a problem here

Ok so she has a disability you can't see, correct? Let me guess ... epilepsy? No? Ummm brittle diabetes ... No? Then what, pray tell does she need that little service dog for, and why is she carrying it around like a pet when it is working? Just curious.

john

It's not a service dog, and it does not help you with your mental illness, period.

Enough Already

Service dog my a**. Please explain your disablity that you need a service dog, let alone a "fluff" service dog. Shame on you for using your "status" to abuse this system!!!!!! Yet another celebrity using their "clout" to get away with B.S..............

rikki

That's a service dog? I am a dog lover and a fan of Ms Chenowith, but seriously that does not look like a service dog to me.

Jelly

Her dog..I believe is for emotional support. So it's not exactly what we typically think a service dog is for.

doug

TMZ...get your facts straight!!! Is her dog a 'service dog' or actually a 'cabin pet' ie carry-on? shabby reporting

Nobrows

In what universe does she need a service dog? This is abusing the system because she like to fly with her pet.

Foghorn Longhorn

If that's a service dog, then I'm going to start bringing my service cat when I fly!

Redhead

Service dog, my foot. What service does this dog provide. Another spoiled "actress".

Buddy The Elf

Anyone he feels the need to travel with some poofy little froo-froo mutt like this obviously craves attention.

If she needed a service dog, it would be an actual service dog - not a fashion accessory.

Redhead

Service dog, my foot....just another spoiled "celebrity" who wants her own way without regard for others. grow up...

J.E.B.

She has a "service dog" because animals can't fly by themselves. So she flies with Kristen, a human.

Waka Waka Waka

I keep my service dog in my pants.lol..waka waka waaaaaakaa

Alexander M

She just tweeted: Maddie is NOT a service dog. She is an emotional support animal. just fyi TMZ

Anyways, it sucks she was mistreated poorly. She's one of the sweetest celebrities out there.