Frank Ocean

NOT Pressing Charges

Against Chris Brown

2/2/2013 3:37 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0202_frank_ocean2Frank Ocean says he WILL NOT press charges against Chris Brown after last week's parking lot brawl.

Frank wrote a post on his Tumblr page to explain his decision, saying, "As a child I thought if someone jumped me it would result in me murdering or mutilating a man. But as a man I am not a killer."

He continued, "I’ll choose sanity. No criminal charges. No civil lawsuit. Forgiveness, albeit difficult, is wisdom. peace, albeit trite, is what I want in my short life. Peace.”

As TMZ first reported, Frank and CB got into a physical altercation last week outside a recording studio in L.A -- allegedly over a highly coveted parking spot.

You'll recall ... a witness on scene said CB threw the first punch and according to cops Chris was named as a suspect in the battery case. Sources close to Chris remained adamant Frank came at him.

Nancy

Someone needs to administer that entitled no-talent thug a life-altering whooping. Or maybe neutering would calm him down . . . works for dogs.

GreyWolf

Why is he letting everyone drive his car? I have a focus and I won't even let my sister drive it.

Kelly05

Come on Frank... Press Charges. Chris needs to learn a lesson!!!!!!

jen

Another Chris Brown enabler!

Sunset

Chris must have paid off Frank. Frank needs to be ashamed of himself for not pressing charges and the next time Chris beats the heck out of someone I hope it is on Frank's conscience! Once again Chris is not held accountable for his violent actions. Frank is a wuss!

YouMakeMeFeelGood

He wants to press charges but it would be career suicide. Also, his sexual preference would be spotlighted.

misstery1

Those videos the police are reviewing must show a different story Frank that's why you're trying to save face now..... Child please!!!

Shhh

I wonder how many times kerrueche was beaten to a pulp.

Beauty

This is B.S, Frank. You owe it to not only yourself as a human being but to everyone else this menace has abused.

tongie

**** all u chris brown haters...I bet y'all wouldn't say **** to his face if y'all seen him so all y'all can do is hate on a comment

Nicoleasm

Okay Frank....just curious ..There's a penis and a vagina in a tent. And its on fire. Which one do you save? Haha! J/k, one of my favorite Will and Grace quotes!

Iris Myandowski

What a grown up and smart move....leaving that freak to beat and/or kill someone else

Davis

Wish you gay guys would go away already. It would also be nice if you could keep your little cat fights in the closet. Now kiss and make up already girls.

Cheryl

Welcome home deja vu.

burning_plastic

There is probably a lot of pressure on all of these people that continually let Chris Brown get away with things like this, If you send Chris Brown to jail you are going to screw up all kinds of scheduled events and recording sessions, etc. This will make the record company people that control your career very unhappy. Getting hit and calling the cops isn't good press for a rapper, either.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments