Super Bowl Sign Language Guy

I GOT HAND INSURANCE

2/6/2013 12:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

020513_maucere_launchv2
Super Bowl sign language guy tells TMZ, his hands are JUST LIKE Dolly Parton's boobs ... J. Lo's butt ... or Tom Jones' chest hair -- so valuable they need their own freakin' insurance policy ... but there's a lot more to sign language than just hands.

John Maucere -- who signed "America the Beautiful" and the national anthem at the big game -- was out in L.A. yesterday with his interpreter when we asked how important it is to take care of your hands as a professional sign language-er.

John raised his hands, joking, "I have insurance."

He added, "Hands are important, but you should know American Sign Language isn't specific just for hands ... There's a lot happening on my face, with my mouth, with my body, the emotions, everything. That makes the entire language."

John also answers the ultimate question -- if he had to choose ... which finger would he chop off???

FYI -- Dolly reportedly had her breasts insured for $300,000 per boob, J. Lo $27 million for her butt, and Tom Jones $7,000,000 for his chest hair. It's not unusual.

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes!

steak man

Why is this eddie munster look a like on this site?

KanyeWest

Ridiculous

jennifer

He cracked me up on the Superbowl. He definitely has a flair for the overdramatic. And tanning.

Ashley

ohh dear john maucere, you lil weasel narcissist
why dont you just do your job and stfu?
nobody cares if your "pretty" lil fingers (puke) are insured
how do you say ridiculous in sign language?
grow a pair, will ya?
silly man...........

Phishie from Philly

Only if they had stupid TMZ video insurance or butt chin insurance.
Phishie from Philly

Liz

That was actually a good interview!!! The rock vs. hip-hop question was interesting, and the history question was a good one too. I would have picked someone like Lincoln instead of MJ, but to each his own.

tleeg

I have my co*k insured for a cool $1,000

em

The spam on this site is getting out of control!

mahighley

Such a good interview! Great job Peter!

reza

evry thing isok

Wendy

What in the hell is a "sign languager" Are you kidding me???/

wildrogue

Using sign language is pure priceless since many deaf individuals are in expert with their hands under bed sheet with any partner than hearing individuals...Are you jealous? :D

Ginnie

kanyewest, you are one of ridiculous list!!! we the deaf want to see what you the hearing hear in sing or song.. what is wrong with you Kanyewest , John Maucasa, the Sign language man made a beautiful sign for Beautiful America...

Lauri

Funny, I always assumed signers could hear so they could translate. How does it work if he can't hear what he is supposed to be signing?