Alec Baldwin

Allegedly Threatens Reporter, Hurls Racial Slur at Photog

2/18/2013 6:27 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0910_alec_baldwin_article
Alec Baldwin was involved in another confrontation with the media ... after he allegedly threatened to choke a reporter to death and hurled a racial slur at a photographer.

Both Baldwin and the photographer for the New York Post, G.N. Miller, filed harassment claims against one another following the run-in.

According to the Post, the reporter Tara Palmeri, approached Baldwin while he was walking his dogs to ask him about a recent lawsuit against his wife Hilaria. The reporter says Baldwin responded by grabbing her by the arm and saying, "I want you to choke to death."

The Post says Palmeri played an audio recording of the threat to police.

Baldwin then turned the Post's photographer -- who they say is black and a retired detective with the NYPD's Organized Crime Control Bureau -- and allegedly called him "a coon," "crackhead" and "drug dealer."

The Post says Baldwin posted several tweets about the incident, one of which said, "Thank u 2 NYPD officers who came to my home 2day so that I could file a formal complaint against NY Post 'photographer' who assaulted me."

The tweets have been deleted.

Baldwin was involved in two confrontations with photographers last year just days apart -- on June 19 and June 29.

update_bar
Alec Baldwin says the claim he hurled a racial slur "is one of the most outrageous things I've heard in my life." Baldwin says it never happened.

As for what caused the explosion of tempers ... sources very close to Baldwin tell TMZ ... it all emanated from a story in the Post a few days back, reporting that Alec's wife was being sued by a student in her yoga class, claiming he was instructed to perform a dangerous move in an overcrowded class and was injured as a result.

Alec's sources say the actor was infuriated because the Post story did not give her side, even though they claim they had multiple conversations with the reporter, saying the class was not overcrowded and the injured man got special attention because he was being careless and even admitted the accident was his fault.

Sources close to Alec say he's the one who called the cops and lodged a harassment complaint against the Post photog.  One Baldwin source denies Alec threatened to choke the photog, claiming he said, "I hope you choke to death."

6:55 AM PT -- Baldwin just tweeted using the official Alec Baldwin Foundation's Twitter handle -- saying, "I find it ironic that my foundation's last grant was $50,000 to the Arthur Ashe Learning Center."

Ih8Taxes

Wait a minute, isn't he supposed to be one of those tolerant liberals who aren't racist? Riiiiggghht...

LISA

I do think Baldwin is capable of behaving that way, but where is the audio tape?

The New York post said the reporter got the audio of Baldwin and played it for police, yet, "Neither police complaint will go any further, except in possible civil action."

still2easy

Alec Balless is a massive dick head-always has been

forreal

I can believe it. That guy is just a disgusting pig and I've always thought that. Never understood the fascination with him. But even if it turns out to be true, people will just continue to kiss his fat, nasty a ss. RME.

chris

he needs beating . douche bag

Gina

I am SICK of hearing every time a black person dosn't like something or someone they yell recisem. I never thought of myself as a raceist kinda person but the more I hear of raceial this raceial that I am beginning to rethink that.

Kelly

I've never liked him since he called his daughter a fat pig.

Guest

But wait~a black rapper who beats women is to be forgiven? Oh the hypocrisy of it all!

writenow

Alec needs a guest gig on Anger Management. It's sad to think he will be a father again.

IowaDimples

I'm laughing at all the hateful comments and name calling bashing a guy for name calling. There's a word for that. HYPOCRITES.

Cricket

I don't care for AB at all. But people can exaggerate especially when upset. If AB would just go away, no one would be put out by this ridiculous tale.

Leighton

I don't believe Alec Baldwin said anything racial. He has a history if staunchly and actively supporting various African-American causes and speaking out against racism.

Iphone5

I hope Alec didnt say those things, and I wish there come a time where there are NO racist or racism in the world, and we all can just get along. But we all know racism will never die, and would only multiply.

UNLV1990

The cops need to arrest him, he has engaged in criminal for many years behavior that would get any regular citizen arrested. He is a criminal and a abuser, wife hater and child hater. Baldwin is a sick liberal.

Wow ...

Amazing that he can threaten a woman with violence, or "hope" she chokes, in addition to saying something racial, but he and the senator find it more important he used a racial slur. Granted, it is unacceptable, but call me crazy, I think threatening violence and death is a bigger issue here. imo.