Alec Baldwin

Allegedly Threatens Reporter, Hurls Racial Slur at Photog

2/18/2013 6:27 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0910_alec_baldwin_article
Alec Baldwin was involved in another confrontation with the media ... after he allegedly threatened to choke a reporter to death and hurled a racial slur at a photographer.

Both Baldwin and the photographer for the New York Post, G.N. Miller, filed harassment claims against one another following the run-in.

According to the Post, the reporter Tara Palmeri, approached Baldwin while he was walking his dogs to ask him about a recent lawsuit against his wife Hilaria. The reporter says Baldwin responded by grabbing her by the arm and saying, "I want you to choke to death."

The Post says Palmeri played an audio recording of the threat to police.

Baldwin then turned the Post's photographer -- who they say is black and a retired detective with the NYPD's Organized Crime Control Bureau -- and allegedly called him "a coon," "crackhead" and "drug dealer."

The Post says Baldwin posted several tweets about the incident, one of which said, "Thank u 2 NYPD officers who came to my home 2day so that I could file a formal complaint against NY Post 'photographer' who assaulted me."

The tweets have been deleted.

Baldwin was involved in two confrontations with photographers last year just days apart -- on June 19 and June 29.

update_bar
Alec Baldwin says the claim he hurled a racial slur "is one of the most outrageous things I've heard in my life." Baldwin says it never happened.

As for what caused the explosion of tempers ... sources very close to Baldwin tell TMZ ... it all emanated from a story in the Post a few days back, reporting that Alec's wife was being sued by a student in her yoga class, claiming he was instructed to perform a dangerous move in an overcrowded class and was injured as a result.

Alec's sources say the actor was infuriated because the Post story did not give her side, even though they claim they had multiple conversations with the reporter, saying the class was not overcrowded and the injured man got special attention because he was being careless and even admitted the accident was his fault.

Sources close to Alec say he's the one who called the cops and lodged a harassment complaint against the Post photog.  One Baldwin source denies Alec threatened to choke the photog, claiming he said, "I hope you choke to death."

6:55 AM PT -- Baldwin just tweeted using the official Alec Baldwin Foundation's Twitter handle -- saying, "I find it ironic that my foundation's last grant was $50,000 to the Arthur Ashe Learning Center."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Kelly

Team Alec. They get LITERALLY in his face. I've seen it first hand. No doubt the photog crossed the line first. I do hope he smacks one of them - total self-defense.

Los Pepes

This major A-Hole should count his lucky stars he gets media attention

Frostyzone

The man is just a washed up frustrated moron. Without those photographers and reporters, he's nothing. Just an ordinarily racist living in America.

Tyler

Where's the "racist slur"?

Truth

Not a surprise... Incident #213365. 5150 PSYCH WARD. BRIT BRIT MOVE THE F*CK OVER! #TRUTH!!

Ronald Jensen

Alex defines the words Radicalism, Racism, Hate. It must be very difficult for Alec to keep it under wraps, every now and then I guess it just kind of explodes. He should be OK now; at least for another week or so. And then...well we know there is more coming.

Nancy

I AGREE WITH ALEC 150%!!! When are these sychophants and leaches of society going to GO AWAY! Get a real F'N JOB! Keep it up Alec. I'm with ya.

TucoH

Alec is not a "has been" he's great at what he does. Who cares about his problems with his wife. The photog obviously is a p.o.s. if they just walked up to him and asked such a personal question. The racism is irrelevant, everyone spits venow when attacked.

lord flashheart

Probably the pap deserved it.

Jenn

This guy is a rage-a-holic. The media pushes his buttons because they know they can get a rise out of him and turn it into a big story (worked like a charm in this case). Let's face it, his temper is pretty much the only interesting thing about Alec Baldwin.

Wash. Hts. Girl

Gee, and I thought he was a "liberal."

Laughing at celebrities is fun.

And liberals call others racist. Now you can stfu.

Jackie

So what was the slur word he used?.....can you list it down?...I'm sick and tired of hearing about racism bs. If he was black and called that pap a crackhead and drug deal...would it be a big deal?

YouDontSay

Laws need to be implemented against paps. Also tweets are lame.

benifer

He is better than all of you ya know, so he can do whatever he wants.. He doesn't need to turn off his phone on planes like you do.....he doesn't need to respect other races like you do. If wants to go off on his kid in a bleeping rant as well, well he has no one to answer to.... I'm sorry, he's just more important than all of you...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments