« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Jordan

Going for Another Ring

Applies for Marriage Certificate

3/7/2013 9:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Photo

0306-michael-jordan-tmzMichael Jordan's gettin' serious about settling down ... TMZ has learned the NBA icon applied for a marriage certificate in Florida this morning in preparation for his April wedding.

MJ and his longtime GF Yvette Prieto were spotted at the counter at the courthouse in Palm Beach County, FL ... and a court spokesperson confirmed the couple had filled out the paperwork.

Jordan and Prieto are reportedly set to get hitched on April 27.

0307-michael-jordan-licence-splashThe move seems to be proof that Prieto isn't fazed by the paternity lawsuit MJ is facing in Georgia ... filed by a woman who claims the NBA legend fathered her 16-year-old son while he was still married to Juanita Vanoy.

So far, Jordan's rep hasn't commented on the lawsuit.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

TragicHeroFilmsDave

K This status is called I'M SORRY. It's an original work by me and if anyone steals it I'll cut them in the Achilles heel with a dead prostitutes stolen hooker boot you got that? Anyway onto the list..
I'm Sorry I hate waiting in line when I only have one item, I really should be skipped ahead or at least start a process where large amounts go to the back, it's just common sense, if it was surgery the broken arm would get fixed before the brain transplant you know what I'm saying?
I'm Sorry I haven't really watched the Walking Dead, truth is I got bored with zombies after Zombieland, once you hit a peak it all goes downhill from there. I'm also still waiting for a series with Robotic Werewolves...now THAT'S MONEY.
I'm sorry I don't talk to you when I'm in line at the bank, frankly I'm afraid you will either try to steal my Satchel or take a bite out of my tanned, yet ripped and muscular arm. Away She-demon, to the depths with you!
I'm Sorry you read this if you hated it, please go to Hell and choose from a rather vast selection of ***** to Suck.

2true69

Ok, he is loaded,fit,tall,talented and in underwear commercials. Who dont wanna marry him! Unfortunately im the wrong Color(him no likee chocolatee)yikes! Prehaps he would have liked English chocolate. I already have my greencard:-)

Peter Popoff

I will never understand why a multi multi millionaire/billionaire would give in to the regular people bull****! You could wake up everyday in a different part if the world with a different piece of a.ss

PureRadiance

Congrats to them! I hope this works out for the NBA champ! He's had his ups and downs , so, wishing him & Yvette, , the best and hoping this will be a lasting relation. Glad to see he got rid of that nasty stach!!!!

Y.T. Houx

wow, blak men drop blak women like they are...hmmm....well,..... like they are blak women!!!

dd

Whatever he'll still cheat!

mrharrybawls2012

My last marriage cost me a boatload of money. But as they say...if you dip the stick you have to pay for the oil......

Burgos25

Dumb ass.

Sandrine

Good luck to both people, they are probably both a piece of work lol

mrharrybawls2012

What has 6 balls and screws you once a week?

L-O-T-T-O.

OhSoLittleMouse

Stupid woman.

HoTMZ

Isn't he like one of those s***bag types who sleep around whenever the opportunity presents itself? Yup, she must really "love" him. My advice - use condoms.

4reallikecomon

IVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION OF,UNLESS I CAN LEGALLY HAVE THREE WIVES,I AINT GETTIN MARRIED!!

Ozzie X

Say goodbye to a huge chunk of your worth in a couple of years.

The Universe

At least he isn't dumb enough to marry a ghetto PuertoRican slore.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments