Lil Wayne

In Critical Condition

After More Seizures

3/15/2013 6:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0315-lil-wayne-getty
update_bar
6:30 PM PT -- Sources at the hospital tell us Wayne is still in critical condition in the ICU ... but stabilizing.

We're told the prognosis is uncertain.

Wayne is sleeping right now ... which is odd, because he just tweeted saying he's OK and thanking people for the prayers and love.

5:16 PM PT
-- Wayne's mother is currently on a plane flying to Los Angeles -- and we're told all major decisions about Wayne's health (including the decision to discontinue life support) will not be made until she arrives.

0314_divider_graphic
Lil Wayne
is in ICU in critical condition after suffering yet another seizure, and we're told it doesn't look good ... TMZ has learned.

We broke the story ... the 30-year-old rapper was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Hospital in L.A. Tuesday night after suffering multiple seizures.  He was released Wednesday but just hours later one of his bodyguards found him in his room, on the floor and unconscious.

Wayne was rushed to the hospital again, but this time he did not stabilize.  He was taken to ICU, where he was placed in restraints because he was shaking uncontrollably.

We're told Wayne is currently "unstable," and has been placed in an induced coma.  He is breathing through tubes.

0315-lil-wayne-cedars-tmz
We're told several people are at Wayne's bedside crying, and a number of rap artists and family members are on the way.  Sources say the scene is violent as Wayne shakes uncontrollably.

Sources say there's evidence Wayne went on a Sizzurp binge after being released Wednesday, because doctors found high amounts of codeine in his system.

We're told Wanye's stomach was pumped 3 times to flush the drugs from his system.

0315-young-money-cash-tmz

mellisa

he is the best and he's my favorite singer I hope you make it out lil wayne your the best singer ever and I love your music I have faith you will make it through

fashionmajor

maybe he doesn't want to live -

jazzplr11

He's paying for putting out his crap, so called music.

Obey_Luis

If my boy lil wayne rap wont be the same he made most of the *****s that rap today, strait up he needs to get better, he way to young to die.

Shelbyann

I want to know what's going on! A couple days ago he was pretty much dead? It's been like 3 days since an update!

Aitiz(A-it-iz)

I guess thatz what happens when you are gremlin and try to eat and DRINK after 12 (D*ck)
its sad that these guys make so much and they still
junkies no better then the f*cking then the losers on the block!!

Julene

I will keep you and your family in my prayers lil wayne god has you covered in the name of is son jesus christ i love you and always keep god first in everything you do i'm always thinking postive i have faith that you will be just fine god has you

Carol Durante

I pray for Lil Way and his family and I hope God pulls him through and I also hope that he is done with the drugs. God bless him and bring him back as a new man.

becca

this does not sound accurate the "facts" are jumbled and sound invalid to anyone with a brain. But I have no doubt he had seizures the man gets high all the time, the codeine is not his only poison I can guarantee you. He is lucky he has not had a stroke by now, his brain is probably fried and he did it. For a survivor as a child who got shot he sure has no respect for his life. And I like lil wayne

norton

thats what happens when you do drugs

tabatha

hate to here that I hope everything goes good .......good luck god does miracles

shawnapat

I'll put it to you all like this. A couple of years ago I had a story on TMZ about Steve Francis sexually assaulted me. Before TMZ put the story out I had to fax do***ents to prove police reports of the incident and all. Don't be mad YMCMB because someone on the inside released those records. I believe if everything Mack Maine is saying is true and the tweet came from Wayne himself a photo or video would have been released by now. Why would Wayne just leave billions of fans in the cold on such bad allegations, he would have rushed to clean this up with a photo of him in that hospital bed doing fine recovering. Killing part CNN & HLN covered this story from TMZ, someone's a reliable source!

Chaps

Lil Wayne got a lil high and needed a WAHHH mbulance

Karisma

Look at why he's in the hospital. That's y he's not commenting. Do u alert the media when ur intoxicated? It's hard 2 stop using, smoking, drinking, f^ckin, ect. It's hard 2 stop smoking cigarettes, & we all know they cause cancer! All he can do is take it one day at a time. I have much love 4 Lil Wayne because he speak his mind. If u don't like it don't listen. I listen 2 every song from Bling Bling to No worries but my child dont. His cd comes with an age restriction so Y wud u pet ur kids listen 2 it. How is he an influence. If u allow ur kids 2 follow the habits of an adult what does that say about u as a parent. I'm just saying!!!

Kristy

as much as i love his artistry ; if anything hes going through is due to the constant cough syrup drinking and drug usage ... that's his own fault. no sympathy

Previous 15 Comments | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments